Moe Amery was elected to his fourth term as Member of the Legislative Assembly for Calgary-East on November 22, 2004.
In addition to his regular MLA responsibilities, Mr. Amery has served as a member of:
- Standing committee on Privileges and Elections, Standing Orders and Printing
- Standing policy committee on Energy and Sustainable Development
- Standing policy committee on Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs
- Environmental Protection Advisory Committee (chair)
- Standing committee on Public Accounts
- Standing committee on Private Bills (vice chair)
- Standing committee on Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund
- Glenbow-Museum Advisory Committee
- MLA Implementation Team on the Future Selection of RHA Members
- MLA representative on the City of Calgarys World Fair 2005 bid
- MLA committee to review Low-income programs, Summer 2001
- International Governance Office Advisory Committee
- Co-Chair, Secondary Suites Committee, 2003
Mr. Amery was born in Lebanon on September 20, 1954, and relocated to Canada in 1974. He was a student of the University of Albertas General Studies Faculty between 1975 and 1977. Before being elected to the Legislature, Mr. Amery enjoyed a successful career in Calgary for almost 15 years.
Mr. Amery has been involved with the community associations in his constituency, and continues with other business, service and cultural organizations.
Together Mr. Amery and wife Mary have five children: Mickey, Lila, Leena,
Laura, and Malaak. The Amery family lives in Southview, a neighbourhood in the Calgary-East
August 2, 2005