UW Health Integrative Medicine in collaboration with the University of Wisconsin Paul P. Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center offers integrative medicine services specifically designed for cancer patients, including acupuncture and massage therapy and bodywork.
Our integrative medicine specialists focus on how patients with cancer can become more empowered in making decisions about their health care, and take action to bring optimal healing and well-being to their life journey. Integrative medicine combines the best of conventional and alternative therapies.
Arranging an Appointment
UW Health cancer patients may call:
Non-UW Health cancer patients may call:
Integrative Medicine and Cancer Care
Integrative medicine gives patients resources for:
- Choosing therapies that help prevent cancer or prevent a recurrence
- Making lifestyle changes to promote optimal health
- Finding evidence-based information on nutritional supplements and herbs, and background on how to avoid harmful interaction with conventional therapies or make conventional therapies less effective
- Decreasing the side effects of conventional therapy such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Preparing for surgery
- Surviving cancer in potentially a better state of health than before cancer occurred
- Working through the challenges of living with cancer
- Making decisions with greater confidence, using inner wisdom as well as scientific information
Integrative medicine consultants help patients choose the most effective therapies and assist them in using the cancer diagnosis as an opportunity for greater health, healing and growth, rather than one of hopelessness and overwhelming anxiety.
Acupuncture and Massage Therapy and Bodywork
Cancer patients may also benefit from acupuncture or massage therapy and bodywork services. These services are offered at the Research Park clinic. UW Health cancer patients may also receive these services at the cancer clinics. Select the links below to learn more.
UW Health's Massage Therapy/Bodywork program »
UW Health's Acupuncture program »
Integrative Medicine »
"Healing goes beyond cure of disease. Healing is the path of physical, emotional and spiritual wholeness. Integrative medicine strives to empower patients to take action toward healing and well being, and to become more aware of their inner wisdom and live in the present moment. "
- Lucille Marchand, MD, BSN for Health Professionals