|The Artificial Intelligence and Data Analysis Group (NIAAD) is one of the groups of LIACC which is one of the R&D Units of the University of Porto. The NIAAD group is associated with the Faculty of Economics and includes the Machine Learning subgroup. |
click here for more information
|Data Mining and Decision Support |
- Collaborative methodologies for DM & DS.
- Recommendation tools to support the selection of adequate data analysis methods for a given problem.
|Modeling Dynamic Systems |
- Modelling complex dynamic systems, typically evolving in time and having non-stationary properties.
- Integrating domain knowledge in the induction process.
- Combination of models.
|Advanced Techniques in Data Mining and Data Analysis |
- Modelling higher order concepts from complex data using Inductive Logic Programming and Symbolic Data Analysis.
- Statistical methods for supervised and unsupervised classification.
- Application to the recognition of multi-spectral images and bioinformatics.
- Exploiting distributed and parallel execution to improve the performance of learning methods.
|Data Mining for Text and Web |
- Methods to retrieve and extract information from the web, focusing on specific domains (e.g. financial end economic data, bibliography concerned with certain topic etc.).
- Methods for automatic reconfiguration of web sites based on the behavior of users.
(+351) 22 33 92 090
(+351) 22 33 92 099