Employee Networking Programs
“Productive professionals make big enterprises competitive, yet these employees now increasingly find their work obstructed. Creating and exchanging knowledge and intangibles through interaction with their professional peers is the very heart of what they do. Yet most of them squander endless hours searching for the knowledge they need—even if it resides in their own companies—and coordinating their work with others.”
- The McKinsey Quarterly, “The 21st- Century Organization”
Today’s workforce is becoming disconnected as companies globalize and employees take advantage of alternative work schedules and telecommuting. In this new business environment, the maintenance and development of personal relationships have become critically important. In response, many companies are now turning to formalized enterprise-wide programs as both a solution to the problem and an opportunity to optimize their organization’s performance by fostering:
- Accelerated innovation. Some of the best ideas come from employees who see firsthand how things can be improved. Our Employee Networking Programs stimulate and capture cost-saving and business-boosting innovations and skirt bureaucratic roadblocks to make ideas quickly visible to those who can put them into action.
- Faster, better decision-making through better knowledge-management. The information necessary to make urgent business decisions is often right under employees’ noses – if they only knew where to find it. By tapping into the Corporate Social Network, people can quickly locate the data, expertise, and resources needed to address their critical concerns.
- Cost-effective internal job placement. Using the platform’s search and query tools, company recruiters and line managers can identify and catalog high-value human resources such as star performers and employees with multi-disciplinary skills and experience. Key positions can be sourced internally – saving the cost of outside recruitment and increasing the odds of successful placement.
- Improved “Employment Brand.” In addition to the benefits of new business development and recruiting, the Employee Networking Program provides less easily quantifiable benefits in the form of higher productivity, job satisfaction, employee retention, and brand perception.
SelectMinds’ connection-building platform is designed to initiate, cultivate, and leverage the full range of employee relationships across the enterprise. Managers and members can search participant profiles or check discussion forums to quickly find otherwise undiscovered talents, expertise, and ideas. Surveys can yield important insights into the economy, the industry, and the company. Members separated by distance and disconnected silos can develop strong relationships that cross all barriers. In effect, the collective inspiration and experience of the entire workforce is made visible and accessible to everyone – to address business problems, maximize opportunities, and gain competitive advantage.
Please contact us to learn more about Employee Networking Programs.