User-mode Linux management daemon
© David Coulson <email@example.com>
What is UMLd?
UMLd is a daemon to control and manage UML instances running on a host system. UMLd provides an interface on a TCP socket, allowing simple clients to be written which allow individual UMLs to be managed by users or by an administrator.
Key features of UMLd include:
- Reboot, shutdown and start up UMLs
- Automatic start up of UMLs
- Automatic network configuration
- MySQL-based system and network configuration storage
- Automated 'on-the-fly' UML building
- Control UMLs on other network hosts