Nissan Motor Co. is a full-line automobile manufacturer, ranking second in Japan and among the major global automotive companies in terms of annual vehicle production. Nissan’s Infiniti brand represents its luxury automobile offering.
The new logo expresses the concept of the open road traveling toward infinity. It also suggests Mount Fuji, a Japanese icon.
- When Nissan decided to enter the American luxury automobile market, it needed a unique presence to stand out among competitors and distinguish itself from the rest of the Nissan line
- Developed second channel strategy to market and brand car separately from Nissan
- Created the "Very best of Japan" positioning
- Created the name INFINITI and new logo suggestive of Mt. Fuji
- Developed a complete visual system for all marketing materials and dealership signage
- Partnered with advertising and public relations agencies for a comprehensive identity launch