WesPAC was founded by Wes Clark in April 2004 with a two-fold mission:
- To elect Democrats to the White House and Congress in order to implement new policies that will restore our nation's security and prosperity, comprehensively address the threats facing America and our allies while respecting civil liberties, and replace the current unwise policies established by this Republican Administration and Congress.
- To provide leadership on U.S. national security issues and develop new, innovative solutions to the challenges facing America at home and abroad.
To satisfy that mission during the 2004 campaign, WesPAC played a very active role in supporting those candidates who share our values:
- Raised more than $1 million through fundraising events, fundraising solicitations, and PAC contributions for Democratic House and Senate candidates in critical races across America
- Traveled to Alaska, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington to campaign for Democratic House and Senate candidates
- Traveled to Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington, Wisconsin, and his home state of Arkansas to campaign for John Kerry and John Edwards