The intent of the Open Project Public License (herein referred to as "License") is to establish freedom to share and change the original software (herein referred to as "Original Software") regulated by this License under the Open Source Model.
This License applies to any Original Software containing the following notice placed by the original author of work (herein referred to as "Licensor") immediately following the copyright notice for the Original Software:
Licensed under the Open Project Public License (OPPL) version 1.0
This License covers modification and distribution of the Original Software or portions of the Original Software, derivative works (herein referred to as "Derivative Works") based on the Original Software or portions of the Original Software, third-party application that interact with Original Software or portions of the Original Software and development of free software which uses the Original Software or portions of the Original Software.
1. You may make modifications to the Original Software and distribute your modifications, in a form that is separate from the Original Software, such as patches. The following restrictions apply to modifications:
2. You may copy and distribute the Original Software in unmodified form or distribute the Original Software with modifications applied (herein referred to as "Patched Software") provided that the entire package, including - but not restricted to - license, copyright, trademark notices and disclaimers, as released by the Licensor of the Original Software, is distributed.
3. You may distribute machine-executable forms of the Original Software or Patched Software, provided that you meet these restrictions:
4. You may develop application software, reusable components and other software items that link dynamically or statically with the Original Software, Patched Software or any portion of them, to form a combined work (herein referred to as "Combined Work"). These items, when distributed, are subject to the following requirements:
5. You may create Derivative Works based upon the Original Software, Patched Software or any portion of them. These items, when distributed, are subject to the following requirements:
6. You may use the Original Software or versions of the Patched Software to link, run, or interact in anyway with application programs or components legally developed by you or by others.
7. Licensor hereby grants You a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, non-sublicenseable license, under patent claims owned or controlled by the Licensor that are embodied in the Original Software as furnished by the Licensor, to make, use, sell and offer for sale the Original Software, Patched Software and Derivative Works, provided you agree to and comply with any and all conditions in this License. Whole or partial distribution of the Original Software or Patched Software, items that link dynamically or statically with the Original Software, Patched Software or any portion of them, forming a Combined Work, signifies acceptance of this license.
8. Neither the names of Licensor, nor the names of any contributors to the Original Software, nor any of their trademarks or service marks, may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this Original Software without express prior written permission of the Licensor. Nothing in this License shall be deemed to grant any rights to trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets or any other intellectual property of Licensor except as expressly stated herein. No patent license is granted to make, use, sell or offer to sell embodiments of any patent claims other than the licensed claims defined in Section 7. No right is granted to the trademarks of Licensor even if such marks are included in the Original Software. Nothing in this License shall be interpreted to prohibit Licensor from licensing under different terms from this License any Original Software that Licensor otherwise would have a right to license.
9. If You distribute copies of the Original Software, Patched Software, modifications as noted in Section 1 or Derivative Works, You must make a reasonable effort under the circumstances to obtain the express assent of recipients to the terms of this License. Nothing else but this License (or another written agreement between Licensor and You) grants You permission to create Derivative Works or to exercise any of the rights granted in Sections 1 through 8 herein, and any attempt to do so except under the terms of this License (or another written agreement between Licensor and You) is expressly prohibited by U.S. copyright law, the equivalent laws of other countries, and by international treaty. Therefore, by exercising any of the rights granted to You in Section 1 through 8 herein, You indicate Your acceptance of this License and all of its terms and conditions. This License shall terminate immediately and you may no longer exercise any of the rights granted to You by this License upon Your failure to honor Sections 1 through 8 herein
10. This License shall terminate automatically and You may no longer exercise any of the rights granted to You by this License as of the date You commence an action, including a cross-claim or counterclaim, against Licensor or any licensee alleging that the Original Software infringes a patent. This termination provision shall not apply for an action alleging patent infringement by combinations of the Original Software with other software or hardware.
11. Because the Original Software is licensed free of charge, there is no warranty for the Original Software, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Except when otherwise stated in writing the copyright holders and/or other parties provide the Original Software "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Original Software is with you. Should the Original Software prove defective, you assume the cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
12. In no event unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing will any copyright holder, or any other party who may modify and/or redistribute the Original Software as permitted above, be liable to you for damages, including any general, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the Original Software (including but not limited to loss of data or data being rendered inaccurate or losses sustained by you or third parties or a failure of the Original Software to operate with any other software or hardware), even if such holder or other party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
13. "You" throughout this License, whether in upper or lower case, means an individual or a legal entity exercising rights under, and complying with all of the terms of, this License. For legal entities, "You" includes any entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with you. For purposes of this definition, "control" means (1) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (2) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (3) beneficial ownership of such entity.
14. Any action or suit relating to this License may be brought only in the courts of a jurisdiction wherein the Licensor resides or in which Licensor conducts its primary business, and under the laws of that jurisdiction excluding its conflict-of-law provisions. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Any use of the Original Software outside the scope of this License or after its termination shall be subject to the requirements and penalties of the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Â§ 101 et seq., the equivalent laws of other countries, and international treaty. This section shall survive the termination of this License.
15. In any action to enforce the terms of this License or seeking damages relating thereto, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs incurred in connection with such action, including any appeal of such action. This section shall survive the termination of this License.
16. This License represents the complete agreement concerning subject matter hereof. If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. Any law or regulation which provides that the language of a contract shall be construed against the drafter shall not apply to this License.
This license is Copyright (C) 2004 Larry E. Masters Shorewood, IL. 60431. All rights reserved. Permission is hereby granted to copy and distribute this license without modification. This license may not be modified without the express written permission of its copyright owner.