<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Plimsoll or Slipper?

July 3 2003 at 6:06 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)

I'd be interested to know which of the above - plimsoll or carpet slipper - most people thought was more effective or painful to receive.

I was talking about this to my wife the other night and I was saying that at school I had the plimsoll and at home the slipper and thought the plimsoll hurt more. She on the other hand, received a teachers carpet slipper at school and at home her mum used a plimsoll and she thought the slipper was more painful.

What do others think?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John

Re: Plimsoll or Slipper?

Score 2.0 (1 person)
July 3 2003, 9:01 PM 

Personally I think the plimsoll that I got at school from the gym teacher hurt more than dad with his slipper at home. However i think the real reason is that school teachers whacked harder as they were used to doing it - and knew how to do it well. They also knew how to get the victim to bend over correctly to tan their bottom. i sno that the answer - teacher always hurt more irrespective of implement used.

Another Brian

Re: Re: Plimsoll or Slipper?

Score 5.0 (1 person)
July 4 2003, 5:45 AM 

Dear Gym Shoe,

The use of a carpet slipper at school was unusual. It would have to have been brought in by a teacher with the express purpose of using it as an instrument of punishment, whereas a plimsoll would have been readily available in schools.

Is your wife able to provide further details? Did the (presumably female) teacher use a man’s or a woman’s carpet slipper? Did she carry it around in a handbag or was it kept in a cupboard?

Gillian

Shoe Punishment

No score for this post
July 4 2003, 7:14 AM 

A dear, dear old friend of ours has a true story in the files section of her Yahoo Lesbianating Group in which she tells of being spanked as a child with a shoe.

It is one of the most erotic stories I have seen on the Internet.

onthehands

How do we find this erotic story on LESBIANATING at Yahoo

No score for this post
December 7 2004, 6:02 PM 

How do we find this erotic story on LESBIANATING at Yahoo.

It aint there.

Plimsoll or Slipper

No score for this post
July 4 2003, 10:02 AM 

You're quite right Another Brian that a slipper was unusual and I said as much to her, but apparently this particular teacher made a big thing of having her husbands big slipper specifically for using on what she (the teacher) described as "naughty little girls like you"

My wife got it on three occasions for cheeking, skipping PE and for missing a detention. All three times it was given across her skirt - my wife thinks that they weren't allowed to lift girls skirts - and she got 3, 6 and another 6 whacks for the offences repectively.

Gillian

In the Clique

No score for this post
July 4 2003, 8:08 PM 

Dear Gym Shoe,

Your contributions to our Happy Circle are very highly valued, so welcome to the Clique!

If you are very unlucky, Roger will add your name to his Friendly List.

Henry

why so-called?

No score for this post
July 14 2003, 11:46 PM 

I know that 'slipper' in most UK schools referred to, not a domestic slipper, but rather a gymshoe, plimsoll or dap, none of which bore any resemblance to what your dad used to wear around the house. So why did virtually everyone call it a slipper? The very first time I was sent to the head was when I was about 8, and I knew that I was about to be introduced to the infamous slipper that I had heard some boys in my class talk about. The image in my head, quite appropriately, was perhaps of a floppy old M&S; slipper that men in my family used to wear, so imagine my surprise when I was told to bend over to be whacked with a thin black plimsoll with a ribbed sole, not smooth like a carpet slipper. I thought that the head had decided against using the slipper on me for some reason, and it wasn't until I compared notes with a couple of boys in the playground that I realised that that was, indeed, the notorious 'slipper'.
Can anyone shed light on why that particular punishment has been called by the wrong name since the beginning o time?

What's in a Name!

No score for this post
July 15 2003, 2:54 PM 

Yeah interesting thought that I've seen discussed elsewhere many times.

At my school and generally in my area (Bristol) we referred to plimsolls as "daps". Accordingly we used to refer to slippering as "getting the dap".

In actual fact we could conjugate the verb dap with various other expressions

I got dapped
He/she dapped me
I will dap you (frequently heard from PE teachers)
etc, etc.

As for the real slipper, that was mostly used by parents at home.

Cheers

Henry

slipper at home

No score for this post
July 15 2003, 9:18 PM 

Dear Gym Shoe, thanks for your response. I had never heard of 'dapping' before - where have I been, I hear you ask! You say in you last paragraph that real slippers were only used at home but, apart from the Beano, Dandy and, in Scotland, Oor Wullie, I have never met anyone whose father or whoever actually made use of a slipper to punish them. My dad only ever used his hand; likewise every single one of my friends. The slipper was, in our minds, a purely school punishment, and any father who used it would have been a vicious bastard! How prevalent do you think it was? I suspect it was given by dads who were institutionalised at boarding school, and who knew no other way of punishing than with a cane or slipper. In which case the punishment may well have been tied up with ritual, e.g. wait outside my room until I am ready. It is unpleasant to think that for some people home and school were barely distinguishable.

John

Slipper was used at my home Henry

No score for this post
July 15 2003, 9:44 PM 

Hey. My dad used his carpet slipper on my bare bottom or the seat of my pj's - generally as I tried to fight to get away!!

At school we got the slipper with the gym shoe. As for the origin of the "slipper" phrase, I believe that these type of shoes started as sailors deck shoes to stop them slipping on wet decks in the late 1800's early 1900's. I suspect they were in school pe lessons by the mid 1920's. As the cane was still around, I bet they were used mainly on girls - hence the idea that they were mainly girly and junior schoolboy punishment devices.

Henry

re. slipper at home

No score for this post
July 16 2003, 1:09 AM 

Hi John. Thanks for your post. Did you feel that was an extreme measure, and was it because your Dad had himself grown up with the slipper being the automatic implement for discipline? If he attended a boarding school himself that could well explain it. Presumably he didn't attach rituals to it, but that it was a spontaneous punishment. Rituals such as the ones most of us experienced at school doubled the punishment in my view.

John

Henry repsonse

No score for this post
July 16 2003, 8:33 PM 

It was a painful response as he whacked reasonably hard, but not as hard as a school slippering. I alweays fought back and tried to escape which made matters worse.. Generally he won by either pinning me down over the end of the bed or tucking me under his arm, with me facing backwards and my bum to the fore - and an easy target.

One memorable occasion I remember trying to curl up on the bed. He successfully got me on my back, lifted my legs up vertical and slightly back over me and whacked me in that position. Not only did I feel his slipper but I saw it in action.

New Member to Forum - Also Slippered at home

No score for this post
October 29 2003, 11:46 PM 

Hello I am a new member to the forum.

I too received the plimsoll or slipper in school and at home also.

My father did not attend boarding school, rather regular state schools similar to those that I attended. He was raised in a strict home, that much I know, with both the slipper and cane from his father, and chose to carry on those disciplinary practices through my early and teenage years until I was 15.

I can say that while the plimsoll was somewhat painful at school, as it was often given over p.e. shorts, it was nothing compared to receiving a bare bottom slippering at home.

As far as rituals went,home had it's own also. All of my punishments took place in my father's study, following a lengthy lecture/telling off.

David

Slippered at home and school

No score for this post
July 16 2003, 8:55 PM 

Hi Henry,
You post shows what different experiences people had, as I was most certainly slippered at home and it seemed to be a pretty common occurrence for my peer group too. It was my mother who did the deed, with her rubber soled house slipper, which was taken off for the purpose. I genereally got 5 or 6 wallops bent over the edge of my bed, or the odd whack or two on a more ad hoc basis across my legs. It certainly stung as much as the plimsoll at school...although the most I got was 2 whacks at school Oover trousers). At home formal slipperings were given over pyjama bottoms.

Was slippering at home rare? Maybe it's an age diffence thing (I'm 42).

David

Henry

Response to David and John

No score for this post
July 16 2003, 11:03 PM 

Thankyou for adding to my knowledge of domestic punishment. I am rather surprised.David, you say you are 42. I am 38, so really not much difference in age. Perhaps it's a geographical thing - I was brought up in Worcestershire, a place not full of streetwise little urchins in need of school-type discipline at home! No offence to either of you, because I don't know where you come from. John's slipperings sounded more robust, and David's more formal. Do you harbour any grievances towards your respective parents for the punishments? Another question I have just thought of - nobody ever refused to take the slipper or cane at either of my schools, and I vividly remember one lad at junior school being given 4 strokes with the slipper by the head for something of which he was entirely innocent. Nevertheless he didn't question his punishment. Characters in all our weekly comics were being slippered at the end of every story, again never refusing. If they had, would it have given us the idea to refuse ourselves?! It was an option I never thought of at the time, but the comic characters could have started a revolt! Perhaps comic writers and the government's Education Dept. were in collusion! We should be told....

Pete

Refusing to accept a caning

No score for this post
July 17 2003, 7:55 AM 

I do remember one occasion on which a boy refused to accept a caning at my school.

This was around the time when ring pull Coca Cola cans had first come in and this boy opened a can in the classroom during a break and must have shaken the can first and accidentally sprayed coke over the floor. It's even possible that someone else might have shaken the can as a joke and he didn't know about it.

Anyway the mess wasn't cleared up by the end of break and the teacher sent him to the headmaster. It was against the rules to eat or drink in the classroom. This boy had not been caned before.

He didn't come back to class and we found out later that he'd been sent home after refusing to take a caning.

His parents kept him off for a few days but he came back in the end and took his whacking.

That was the only time I remember anyone refusing a caning or slippering.

Henry

refusing a caning

No score for this post
July 17 2003, 8:42 AM 

Pete, it is clear that the head was not going to allow the boy back into the school unless he took the caning, so I guess that gave a clear message to everybody else, both pupils and parents. As a result that is the only time you saw anyone refuse to be caned. I am still, with hindsight, amazed that we were all so compliant. We could all have stood up en masse and refused to cooperate. Corporal punishment was so entrenched in our psyche that it was part of our everyday routine. To try and reintroduce into schools now, of course, would be impossible for that very reason - there has been too long a period without it.

nathan

slippered at home

No score for this post
January 25 2006, 9:27 PM 

slippering was my common childhood punishment.It was applied by my mother on
thighs,laps and buttocks with rubber-sole or leather-sole slippers.
On average,I had four slaps usually for misbehaviour but for more serious misconduct she gave me about ten smacks that hurt a lot.

Mike

slipper was used in my home too

Score 2.0 (1 person)
July 19 2003, 11:48 PM 

Have just read your post, Henry, about the slipper not being used at home. My experience is like David's and John's - the slipper was the only punishment I knew from the start of school till I was about 12, because it was the only punishment allowed at primary school, and the one my Dad used from the time I started school. And, like in comics like the Beano which I used to read, he used to use his house slippers, and always over his knee (it all stopped when I was about 12). It seemed like the most natural thing at the time, and I presumed, although I didn't ask, that every boy up and down the country was being given the same treatment. I would have swapped with you any day!

Quick show of hands - was my experience pretty common, or was I in an unfortunate minority?

Anonymous

Re: slipper was used in my home too

No score for this post
July 26 2003, 7:02 PM 

I received the slipper regularly at home ,it was in fact a old very worn plimsoll but i spent many a painful session across dads knee.I thought it was normal practice just like in the comics i used to read

luislopez

slipper used at home too

No score for this post
September 11 2003, 11:20 AM 

Hi all,

I'm from Spain,I'm 31 now but in my childhood I got many slipperings at home from both my parents. Over here slipper is the most common implement when parents think hand is not enough and maybe belt it going too far. At home,Dad and Mom would use just the slipper they were wearing at the time of the punishment, so I tasted a lot of kinds of slipper,summer ones,winter ones,rubber soled,leather soled,etc.

In the other hand,at school plimsoll was never used in Spain and spanking bottoms was totally illegal,so we got only the ruler across hands or pulling up our ears (really painful the latter).

slippered at home and school

No score for this post
May 27 2004, 12:47 AM 

My experiences were very similar to those of Robin and many others. At home I was whacked with my dad´s carpet slipper. At school it was with an old gymshoe or plimsoll. A lot of my school friends had similar experiences at home. It seemed to be more or less normal at that time and place. I was born in 1950 and lived in a village south of Manchester. This was a fairly affluent area and we were basically pretty middle class. My impression is that in England class played a big part in these things. Parents from the higher social echelons were more likely to use formal corporal punishment. Working class parents tended just to thump their kids rather than make them bend over for a whacking. For me too it was very much like in the comics, except that I got it on the bare bottom. A lot of my mates got it that way too. It was a popular subject of conversation. I never could figure out why Dennis the Menace was allowed to keep his trousers up.

I wouldn´t say there was ritual at home but there was a standard procedure that was followed fairly systematically from the age of 8 to around 15. My dad had a study at home. He kept his slipper in the drawer of his desk. If he decided to punish me he took me to his study, made me drop my trousers and pants and bend over the back of a low armchair. And then he walloped me - at least 6 but often a lot more.

There wasn´t much cp at primary school - just some leg slapping. But that all changed when I started secondary school - at King´s School, Macclesfield. I had heard that the slipper was used but wasn´t all that concerned because I knew that we would keep our trousers on and that normally we would not get more than 6. I couldn´t see how that could hurt much compared with my dad´s whackings. What I had not appreciated was that the slipper was actually a gymshoe. That came as quite a surprise. And it didn´t half hurt. Whack for whack it was worse than my dad´s slipper even through trousers and underpants. After 6 we were normally in tears. Another thing that I found weird was getting in front of other boys. I always found that embarrassing - more so than pulling my pants down in front of my dad.

How did others rate the embarrassment factor

Alan

Re: slippered at home and school

No score for this post
November 28 2006, 3:59 AM 

Hi ,

I am Shamal,
What did you think about caning

jeff

slippered at home

No score for this post
November 28 2004, 1:41 PM 

I received the slipper at school and from my dad at home. At school it was usually a large white gym shoe with a canvas top and rubber sole. At home it was a man's size 12 carpet slipper with a felt top and a leather sole. Dad would send me to my room to await the slippering, and he would keep me waiting about ten to fifteen minutes. He would come in holding the slipper in his right hand, give me a brief lecture, roll up his sleeve and order me to bend over and touch my toes. It was always over shorts and underpants. He would tap my bottom once or twice with the slipper, and then give me the spanking proper. It was usually between eight and twelve strokes, and boy, did it hurt! There were extra strokes given for fingers leaving toes etc.I nearly always cried.

schoolboysbum

THE SLIPPER [PLIMSOLL]

No score for this post
July 21 2006, 7:03 AM 

I believe that the reason that the plimsoll was refered to in schools as 'THE SLIPPER' was the fact that in many schools, [esp private schools which were often large houses used as school rather than purpose built schools] the flooring was wooden and often polished and had to be kept looking in a good condition. Therefore many schools had a rule that once inside you had to change from your outdoor shoes into slippers and the plimsoll was a neater and more uniformed choice, hence how it got mis-called the slipper, which ofcourse has survived today.

As to why it was ever used as a tool for c.p. I don't know but the only person at my old school who used the slipper was the pe master [ and used it frequently too, either over very thin pe shorts with no underwear underneath or bare as you came out of the showers, and a wet bum whacked with that HURT.] Other masters were not so ingenious and just used the cane.

No score for this post
September 24 2003, 12:31 PM 

A great topic and one on which I feel very well equipped to comment. I got the slipper from dad and step-dad at home and both the carpet slipper and gym shoe at school. Of course it depends very much on the type of slipper/plimsoll in question, but I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to benefit from hidings from men who knew a thing or two about this. Comments and comparisons below!

Re the carpet slipper/ dad:
He took advice (apparently) from a neighbour when my older brother got to unruly/slippering age. Legend has it that he and the neighbour went slipper-shopping after a (few) drink(s) at the pub. Dad came home with a pair of size 12 carpet slippers from British Home Stores - navy blue with a pretty whippy rubber sole. Big bro felt the benefit there and then!

They didn't half sting! My dad was very much of the Roger the Dodger Dad mentailty - pranks, mischief, rudeness, any sort of bad behaviour etc was dealt with by a "good hiding" and the slipper was the most common implement. One of the most nerve-wracking things, having been told "go to your room" was that you'd never know whether at the end of the lecture Dad would whip off his right slipper and give you what for!
His brand of slipper really did the trick - even over trousers. It was not uncommon for me or my brothers tro be OTK or bent over the chair for a good ten or fifteen minutes - Dad didnt do it by halves!
In comparison, the slipper at school was generally the plimsoll - my most regular encounters being with a Mr Williams. It was a bloody good trainer for whacking - Dunlop, size 12 or 13 I reckon. Williams always laid it on really hard, as did Dad, but usually not for quite as long. I think his implement was probably the more painful, having a thicker rubber sole but still being pretty whippy/flexible. I wouldnt have wanted a 15 minute sesh with that (the longest was prob five min and you were yelping after a good 6 strokes!)
By contrast, another teacher had a pretty inferior plimsoll - which really just dusted your backside, not much else. Also, we never had trousers-down at school, but occassionally from Dad we'd get it on the bare.
I developed a big slippering interest aged around 15 and managed to find a couple of like-minded mates. With one of them, we got to try out his Dads slipper one Saturday afternoon when his Dad and Mum were out. It was a pretty interesting session!
Loads of my mates got the slipper - it was the mainstay of the lower middle, suburban types.
I also had a fun session with one of my neighbours sons, with a bit of role play.
When I tried the same with my cousin we weere caught by his Dad and really wished we hadnt started in the first place.
Would welcome any detailed correspondance on the subject. Lots to tell, v interested.
To sum up: Id say it depends on the implement and severity.
Cheers mates.

This message has been edited by larry1951 on Jun 26, 2006 1:59 PM

Nicholas

Roger the Dodger mentality

No score for this post
September 24 2003, 5:18 PM 

Richard, your contributions are fab, and invite so many questions. Two quick ones. You clearly were given the slipper by your dad as often as Dennis the menace. Did that make you fear him or feel resentful in any way? Second, you said that lots of your friends got the slipper at home. None of mine did, although my school made up for it. Was it a common suburban punishment? (My parents are closer to working- than middle-class - hand smacks were the most I got.) If you are happy to tell us about the slipperings your friends got, you have at least one eager reader! Cheers.

Home Slipperings

No score for this post
September 30 2003, 5:46 PM 

Regarding attitude to Dad - I guess my brother and I just came to expect iot and the majority of other Dads were similar. He was an old fashioned type, all for short back m' sides, smartness, no rudeness etc. He was probably more fond of the slipper than he let on (my brother reckons it found its way into the bedroom too as part of their foreplay. He also wondered whether Dad and our neighbour tried out their toys on one another but he always has had a filthy mind!!!). There was also the use of a long handled wooden backed clothesbrush which bloody hurt and was given OTK, once to both brother and myself in the same session. He got it first, I watched then got it. I really resented him after a hiding - but then I guess we knew what to expect and what the rules were. There was a thrill about getting caught/getting away with it. Mixed reactions to Dad, but I get on with him OK now. He often delights in bringing up references to hidings in company though to try and embarrass us!
Regarding other mates who got it -
there were loads. One guy whose Dad was a bad-tempered sod who was an engineer for Aerospace and a bit handy with the slipper. His son would entertain us with long stories about his (long) hidings. Another mates Dad was a copper and used either the police belt or the slipper. He was the one I experimented with when his mum and dad were out. Another mate's Dad deliberately bought size 14 slippers from BHS to cover as much backside as possible. I was in their house once when his big brother was getting it upstairs. His Dad left the door open to maximise the humiliation and as a lesson to the rest of us. We heard the whole thing start to finish and saw his beetroot red arse. All good fun. My uncle was a copper too and tanned both my cousins with the slipper and once me as well, OTK, when I was staying with them and we were up to no good. He checked with my Dad on the phone first. I got the same (well double actually) a week later wshen I went home .Plenty of other incidences as well . Would welcome correspondance on the subject from any lads with similar memories/experiences.

Slippered Sam

Home Slipperings

No score for this post
June 26 2006, 1:10 PM 

Richard, you say that your dad often delights in bringing up references to hidings in company though to try and embarrass you and your brother. Really, he is showing himself up rather than you. This seems to show that he enjoyed doing it. As your father, there should have been an element of sadness. After the punishment, he should have forgiven you. The slate should be clean.

Re: Roger the Dodger mentality

No score for this post
October 20 2003, 6:15 PM 

Want to correspond with me "off-line?"

K

Concerning slippers and plimsolls

Score 2.0 (1 person)
September 27 2003, 2:35 AM 

A slipper is, according to my dictionary, "a low shoe that can be slipped on and off easily and usually worn indoors".

Slippers were common household items in earlier times. It is likely these real slippers were used to punish boys, being conveniently to hand. Once "slippering" became established in the language any beating with any type of footwear was likely to have been called a slippering by analogy.

My dictionary defines a plimsoll as "a cheap rubber-soled canvas shoe". I recall the sole as being rather thin, dense rubber with a shallow ripple tread.

Plimsolls were, essentially, a small strap made of rubber with the canvas upper contributing little.

Plimsolls were likely to have been more available than slippers in boys schools after the dawning of the industry age, and the introduction of rubber. In addition, the plimsoll probably hurt more than the traditional slipper due to the greater weight and hardness of the sole.

I can recall slippers with soft leather soles and felt uppers that would have been suitable for administering moderate punishment. Modern slippers often have thick soft foam rubber soles. They cushion the feet, and the floor, and the bottom - if applied there.

Modern sneakers and running shoes have very good shock absorbing properties and therefore vastly inferior punishment properties. (Newton's law - for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction.) Most modern footwear has little power to punish.

Just my thoughts.

Nicholas

re: slippering

No score for this post
September 29 2003, 4:00 PM 

K, your theory on why slippering is called what it is and not gymshoeing, plimsolling, or whatever, sounds creditable enough to me. Thanks for that.

Piper

Re: re: slippering

No score for this post
October 24 2003, 1:20 PM 

I guess you would call my parent's slipper a plimsole. It had a black canvas top, no laces and a large flat sole made of a plastic-like sort of rubber. I think it was made in China. These things use to be quite common in the sixties, when I was growing up. My parents only had one: it was several sizes too big for them and I don't know where they got it. It was called the slipper in our house and for a long time when my friends talked about getting the slipper I thought they were being hit with something similar. Then, one day I got slippered by my mum in front of a friend and he was horrified at the ferocity of the implement I had been spanked with. Just a few whacks stung a lot.

Slipper

No score for this post
October 28 2003, 6:09 AM 

My headmistress at school used a hard rubber soled slipper to punish girls. It was a tartan men's slipper with a black sole.
When she whacked you, she would lift your skirt up to where your bottom met your thighs and dish out six good whacks three on each buttock. The first time (at age 14) I was in tears and the second time at age 16 I managed not to cry.
My mother smacked me few times with a plimsoll and I have to say my headmistress hurt more with her slipper.

Jerry

hard to compare

No score for this post
December 7 2003, 11:19 AM 

I think it's hard to compare the two, as they tend to be used in different ways. I got the plimsoll at school from male teachers, on the seat of the trousers. Only one or two wallops but it bloody well hurt, as they really whacked it.

At home my siblings and myself occasionally got the slipper from our mother. We were only young at the time (pre secondary school). It was only her bedroom slipper, but half a dozen swats on an unprotected behind certainly stung....although in a different way to the plimsoll mentioned above, which was given at secondary school.

nigelR10

School slipper

No score for this post
March 1 2004, 10:51 AM 

At secondary school the PE teacher was the person to use the slipper. His female counterpart also used it on girls though less frequently.
I think everyone of us was slippered at least once in our secondary school career. Apart from mis behaviour we receioved the slipper for dirty kit, underwear being worn lateness, too long to get dressed or undressed, and so the list goes on. Normally it was one or two wacks though sometimes up to 4. There was red inprints on your backside for 2 days and the initial shock became a dull ache. If you forgot your kit then you did the lesson in your underwear, and he wacked you over that.
As I said the girls received it less often. Sometimes it was used on girls as a school punishment administered by the headmistress. If she came to collect a girl for the slipper she would say to her not to worry to lengthen her skirt if it was rolled up at the waist as it made her job easier.
Once iin the 4th year myself and a friend got the cane the three girls who were with us , two were slippered and the other a detention

nigelR10

Sandra

Plimsoll or Carpet Slipper?

No score for this post
March 7 2004, 4:35 PM 

No question, getting the slipper at school, a plimsoll, hurt far more than getting the carpet slipper at home.

Plimsoll

No score for this post
March 7 2004, 5:31 PM 

How many times did you get the plimsoll at school Sandra?

Sandra

Re: Plimsoll

No score for this post
March 8 2004, 8:07 PM 

Once at junior school and twice at secondary school.

Nero

Re: Re: Plimsoll

No score for this post
March 8 2004, 9:18 PM 

Did you get it with skirt raised, Sandra, either at home or at school? Did this make any difference to how much each implement hurt?

nigelR10

The slipper

No score for this post
March 9 2004, 9:13 AM 

Why did you get the slipper Sandra? How many wacks did you get and what were you wearing? What year were you in

nigelR10

Sandra

Getting the Slipper

No score for this post
March 9 2004, 7:43 PM 

I was 11 when I got it at junior school and 13 and 14 at secondary school. At junior school I got it from my headmaster across the back of my skirt, but at secondary school my skirt was raised as I got it from female teachers and it was an all girls school.

Anonymous

Re: Getting the Slipper

No score for this post
March 9 2004, 10:59 PM 

A not uncommon experience at schhool i think. How did that differ from getting slippered at home? Still get the plimsoll or was it a more ad hoc slipper from the parental foot?

Simon

nigelR10

Getting the slipper

No score for this post
March 10 2004, 9:13 AM 

Hello Sandra are you going to tell us why you were slippered. How many whacks did you get. Did you have any protection. What was your uniform. Wait to hear from you

nigelR10

george

No score for this post
May 16 2004, 5:54 PM 

I always thought slippering was for boys alone never for girls or at least that is how it was at my schools.

george

No score for this post
May 16 2004, 5:55 PM 

I always thought slippering was for boys alone never for girls or at least that is how it was at my schools.

Plimsoll or Slipper

No score for this post
March 17 2004, 6:23 AM 

Speaking from my own experiences in the 50's and 60's I would say that the plimsoll wielded by a games master across your PE shorts (no underpants underneath) was far worse than getting the carpet slipper from Mum on my underpants or pyjama trousers, even though she gave more whacks.

Games masters seemed to delight in whacking for any reason and seemed to hit considerably harder than the other teachers. Also with the others it was always over school shorts or trousers anyway.

Probably the worst slippering I saw was a friend of mine get 3 extremely hard whacks with a plimsoll on his wet swimming trunks for larking about in the pool during a games lesson. He ended up with "Dunlop" emblazened on his backside, and was reduced to tears, even though he was 14. The whole class was in awe of the event! No more larking around during swimming lessons after that.

Hope the above is of interest.

Ian

Plimsoll or Slipper

No score for this post
March 19 2004, 8:16 AM 

There is no doubt at all that, in the vast majority of state schools, the gym shoe was the "weapon of choice" whereas at home, it was dad's carpet slipper.

There were a few parents up here who used the gym shoe on their kids, but the results were quite different from those at school.

Most of the time, the school whacked on shorts or trousers/pants. But they had the victim bend over something and then really let fly - PT masters were renowned for their slipperings.

At home, though, dad more often than not [At least up here in Yorkshire!] did it across his knee.

That restricted the force he could use and whreas at school you could be bruised for several days after a slippering, at home, your rear tenbded to be very red indeed, but was rarely bruised.

Do people remember the furore over the young boy featured in the press around 1989 whio was slippered by his headmaster for various offences whilst at Prep School.

The Head was a well-known "spanker" who used to teach at St Georges, Suffolk and made tape recordings of the punishments.

This guy used a gum shoe and the results were quite luridly described ion the subsequent court case, as I recall. He was [rightly!] sent down for 6 months, but the point I'm making is that the bruising described in that case was very similar to that most of us experienced in the 1960's. In those days, no-one bothered about a few sore backsides!!

One or the other

No score for this post
March 28 2004, 2:12 AM 

It was slipper at home and cane at prep school. Home was pants down, touch toes, six across the bare bum. School was touch toes, six over football shorts. I'd say that being slippered hurt more at the time but the effect wore off quickly, being caned didn't hurt as much at the time but you still felt sore hours afterwards.

I distinctly remember "graduating" from being spanked to having the slipper, and being astonished at how much it hurt. Funny though, you always forgot that, until the next time you were bending over!

The worst part? Between bending over and the first whack. You're very conscious of how bare you are and what a good target your bum is.

What I'd like to know is, who decided that six was the optimum number? It is, though, because it doesn't really start to hurt until you've had four. Then the last two are awful.

It was impossible to get through prep school without being caned, and being slippered or spanked at home was regarded as quite normal in the early/mid 60s. I didn't like waiting outside my parents bedroom listening to my sister being slippered, knowing that in a short while it would be me bending over.

Father used a special leather soled slipper that he had inherited from Grandad and he kept it on the top of the wardrobe in his room. My sister and I once used it on each other, but it didn't hurt anything like as much as when Father did the whacking.

Robin

Slipper at home

No score for this post
March 28 2004, 4:49 PM 

The mixture of experiences is interesting. I got the slipper at home from my father but it was a very rare thing. Part of this was I was pretty well behaved but mostly my parents hated the idea of beating us and only did it when pushed to the limit. One occasion happened when I was about 9 when I set fire to the garden shed whilst playing with some matches which caused a real commotion. My father and a neighbour manged to put it out without too much damage and I was sent to bed in disgrace. (This was late afternoon anyway)I had been there some time when Dad came into my room and started talking to me about what I had done before saying that he would have to punish me. I got out of bed and followed him to my parents bedroom where he shut the door behind us. I remember being glad about that as I knew he was going to whack me and I didn't want the rest of the family to hear, especially my yells! He had an ordinary brown leather bedroom slipper which he picked up and told me to bend over the end of the bed. he then hit me five times across my pyjama seat which stung enough to make me yelp which I tried to smother by burying my face in the bedclothes! Afterwards I remember standing up and rubbing my bottom and being surprised at the distress visible on Dad's face. I went back to bed and later my sister came in to tell me she had been listening downstairs and whilst she had heard the slipper, she hadn't heard me so I must be brave!

Gillian

Slipper/the other/at home

No score for this post
March 28 2004, 5:43 PM 

The recent additions to this thread are so nicely expressed. Thank you to the new contributors for taking so much trouble to write about their experiences.

How many of you, I wonder, came here because of the advertising sent by dear, dear Miles to the 1950s board?

Paul

No score for this post
March 30 2004, 7:51 PM 

At school the plimsoll was always used, this was normally a thick rubber soled implement made by Dunlop (green flash I think)probably size 13 or so, it looked massive to us at the time.

We got it from the headmaster who was a very big bloke, strange and extremely intimidating to everyone he came accross. He certainly knew how to handle a slipper.

It was given in his study bent over two chairs back to back and he normally gave 5 to 8 wallops with it on your pants, which was enough believe, me very painfull after the 3rd stroke.

I can remember waiting at the bottom of the stairs to go up to his study and hearing the sound of it behind closed doors some 30 feet away, it used to echo up the corridor; it still makes me shudder thinking of this.

On some occasions for more serious offences we were led along the corridor to his quarters. ( when he led you this way you knen you were in for it)for a "sound whacking" This involved another slipper/shoe which was blue and had an extremley thick leather sole approx 1.5 inches. I can still picture it, he made you bend over the end of his bed and then took this implement out from a plastic bag, used to show you the sole about 6inches from your face and flex it. I remember we all thought it must be very old as it the leather creaked when flexed, and the leather was very cracked and dry and smelt musty.
Goodness knows where he got it from. We thought it must be specially made for the job due to the thickness and size

You were then thrashed you with it. He always left a gap of about 20 secs between each stroke for max pain, even a 15 yr old would cry after three strokes. He would go on for about 7 or 8 strokes at a guess can't really remember I only got it once, but the pain was really excrutiating, You were really howling at the end, you would do anything to avoid it again (as I did) He would then make you apologise and thank him for "correcting" you. The bruises lasted for about 10 days If I remember correctly.

I seem to remember this was called his thrashing slipper and the dunlop was his "correctional tool"

Certainly a strange chap thinking about it now

Slippered in CANADA

No score for this post
April 10 2004, 8:46 AM 

I went to a british run school here in Canada, and I have tell you just about every teacher there was a PERV and loved to beat kids and many with no reason or a reason that was so stupid that is he might as well have just said...Becouse I am a pervert and want to then wank off after it. I am happy to report that one day one of the perv teachers went to far and the school closed out of the blue without any word as to way and the land it was on was sold about 2 years later. I and many others I have been in contact with over the years recall this school there the main lesson that was tought was hurt and pain and most of all fear with a good helping of never trust a adult for anything. No this was not high school or whatever you brits call it this was grades K to grade 6.

I recall on kid in my class a sweet fun loving kid that was full of life being taken out into the hall way and had a yard stick taken to him with ton the 3 whack broke. The kid did not cry at all he was in way to much pain to cry but wet himself on the spot and all that came out of him was the sound of air hissing for a while like 15 seconds. Then came a blood chilling scream as that is when he could compose himself enough to get that out. Those teacher every last one of them just vanished and none were ever seen again....to bad...I think some of us would like to have shown then the same care they showed us.

So keep a stiff upper lip....ya your all good at that and in the name of god....ya you ****ing bastards in the name of god you beat kids. The school I want to while british run was so heavy of the god and church **** that to this very day when some bible thumper comes to my door to tell me how much god loves me...I feel like drop kicking the SOB down the street.

Anne

What'swith the slippers?

No score for this post
April 13 2004, 4:27 PM 

I live in Australia and grew up in a town called Hamilton in cold Victoria- I certainly don't remember anything about either me or my brothers being "slippered". Most of my friends have expressed bewilderment at this novelty too- not so much the home part but certainly the fact that schools used them- it does seem rather odd.

Most of my friends and I remember the wooden spoon from our mothers and the occasional belting from our fathers. My mother, a practical farmers’ wife, had an angry face drawn on her spoon, which whilst somewhat comical in retrospect was always an expression that inspired a quick getaway then. I got belted by Dad more than all my sisters, though still not that much- probably because I was the eldest and most trouble. I'll never forget the time he caught my future-husband Tom and I down near the creek in a compromising position.

I went to a strict convent school in Mt. Macedon, all girls (of course) and boarding since I was six years old. Most people think of nuns as sweet- but I believe that these ones were taking out their sexual frustrations by being tyrants over us girls- I also have a few other suspicions about the sexually depraved nuns but I won’t mention them here.

Anyway, they often used rulers and pointers in primary school, and the belt later on. The ruler and pointer occasions were generally in class for things like having one's leg sticking out from underneath the cramped desk, or failing to recite our French with the correct pronunciation.

The one time I remember being beaten with a slipper was in the dormitory, having been caught out of bed with two other students on our way to try to have a midnight feast in the garden. We were rounded into the dorm, and Sister Tournier (the French teacher) insisted that we all line up over a bed, with our thinly night-gowned bottoms facing her, whilst she beat us soundly with a leather (I think it was leather) soled gaudy pink satin slipper, and the promise of a more severe punishment the next day.

I am the first to admit that the "slippering" hurt and humiliated us enough at the time- but the next day we were not so damaged that we couldn't express our great amazement and amusement that she owned such a thing. Of course it was our duty, along with the six other girls that had witnessed the occasion, to spread the laughable trivia all over the school- and it truly was something to boast about!

You see, some girls had been caught in a similar situation only a few weeks before, except that in their case the offensive object was a hairbrush. At the time it was a great discovery- evidence that the nuns really did have hair under their stiff veils- but when we told our story it became old news! To think that the nuns really had feet! And our mothers would have called the slipper "tacky" had they seen it. Not that they'd ever believe in it's existence, of course- nuns glided along corridors like Miss Clavel in their habits, the only sound the clinking of rosary beads, and it was as if we'd discovered that George Bush wore lipstick and skirts in his spare time.

So despite the original pain, the slipper did turn out to be a source of popularity to us in the short turn (everybody wanted to ask us about it) and amusement in the long- I can't really say that I'm bitter!

Ant

Always The Slipper

No score for this post
May 8 2004, 4:11 PM 

Interesting to read the Australian experience, that the slipper was not a common implement of punishment. Reading the rest of this thread it seems that many of the contributors were familiar with its use in the school situation. In the late sixties in England it was certainly the "instrument of choice" at my primary school, for boys in the top three junior classes (approx. 9 - 11 years old), and also occasionally for the girls as well, although never as frequently.

The school was quite new then, and for its time had a modern outlook on classroom discipline, but when the need arose, the class teacher or headmaster would always employ a black slip-on rubber-soled pump (plimsoll) to the tautened seat of our grey school uniform shorts. This was done either in class (out at the front, or sometimes in the stock room or cloakroom), or in the headmaster's office.

In class, the miscreant's were lined up near the desk, or by the stockroom door, while the teacher retrieved the slipper from his or her drawer. Then, one at a time, we had to bend over the desk, or the back of a wooden school chair, and put our hands on the table top or hold on to the chair seat. This made our shorts tauten, and caused each slap of the plimsoll to resound with a loud "thwock!", as the hard rubber sole raised dust clouds from our trouser seats!

Usually it was only three or four moderate and steady strokes at most, but one particular mistress in the top class (the deputy head) would punish with seven or eight rapid but lighter smacks, the plimsoll almost disappearing in a blur as it rose and fell upon our wincing bottoms.

This teacher was also solely responsible for disciplining the girls, and she used exactly the same technique. Naughty girls were sent to her classroom from the other classes, or from the headmaster, and the simple phrase "Mr XXXX sent me(/us)" would bring the standard response of "In the storeroom please, and take down the slipper!". According to my cousin Carole, the girl(S) would then enter the large store room off the classroom, unhook her plimsoll from behind the door, and wait for the teacher to enter. Then, making each girl pull tight the pleats of her grey school tunic skirt, and bend over just enough to pull the uniform taught cross the bottom, the mistress would administer her usual rapid spanking. I am told that some girls found it very embarrassing, and shed a tear or two, (or even sometimes wet their navy knicks when waiting!), but I do not think this type of discipline was uncommon or particularly harsh for the time.

I'm not sure how the plimsoll compares with the carpet slipper, but I do know that the plimsoll given on school shorts (and, I am told, on school skirts) certainly stung warmly, and the glow lasted most of the lesson! It was however never given brutally at my school, and always over modestly dressed bottoms. There were never any lasting marks on the bottom - just a general cherry redness for a while.

I know some people like to fantasize about bare bottom slipperings and whackings over school knickers, but I don't think this happened much at all; far more common was the THWOCK of rubber sole across a neatly skirted or shorted behind.

Plimsoll every time

No score for this post
April 28 2004, 4:11 PM 

There can be no question in my mind that the sole of a well worn size 11 p-limsoll, whether on PT shorts, cricket trousers (both without benefit of underpants, or on the bare, and I had all of these lots of times) is much more painful than a carpet slipper. Perhaps you need a man's right arm and good aim behind it.

Lotta Nonsense

Re: Plimsoll every time

No score for this post
April 28 2004, 10:26 PM 

Anne already has a man's right arm.

Gillian

New writers

No score for this post
May 8 2004, 6:22 PM 

Thank you, Paul, Brian, Anne and Ant, for sending in such excellent pieces and thus maintaining the high literary standard of this thread. I do hope that you will write to us again.

Anonymous

Re: New writers

No score for this post
May 16 2004, 9:40 AM 

proper school plimsole every time!

No score for this post
May 27 2004, 10:32 AM 

I recently posted a message on this thread. I thought it would appear at the end but it is actually in the middle (position No. 20 approximately). Anybody who just scrolls down to the end, as I do, might miss it.

Alan

Gillian

No score for this post
May 27 2004, 7:03 PM 

Alan’s message is difficult to find. It is very well-written and I would like lots of people to read it. Here it is:

slippered at home and school
May 27 2004, 12:47 AM

My experiences were very similar to those of Robin and many others. At home I was whacked with my dad’s carpet slipper. At school it was with an old gymshoe or plimsoll. A lot of my school friends had similar experiences at home. It seemed to be more or less normal at that time and place. I was born in 1950 and lived in a village south of Manchester. This was a fairly affluent area and we were basically pretty middle class. My impression is that in England class played a big part in these things. Parents from the higher social echelons were more likely to use formal corporal punishment. Working class parents tended just to thump their kids rather than make them bend over for a whacking. For me too it was very much like in the comics, except that I got it on the bare bottom. A lot of my mates got it that way too. It was a popular subject of conversation. I never could figure out why Dennis the Menace was allowed to keep his trousers up.

I wouldn’t say there was ritual at home but there was a standard procedure that was followed fairly systematically from the age of 8 to around 15. My dad had a study at home. He kept his slipper in the drawer of his desk. If he decided to punish me he took me to his study, made me drop my trousers and pants and bend over the back of a low armchair. And then he walloped me - at least 6 but often a lot more.

There wasn’t much cp at primary school - just some leg slapping. But that all changed when I started secondary school - at King’s School, Macclesfield. I had heard that the slipper was used but wasn’t all that concerned because I knew that we would keep our trousers on and that normally we would not get more than 6. I couldn’t see how that could hurt much compared with my dad’s whackings. What I had not appreciated was that the slipper was actually a gymshoe. That came as quite a surprise. And it didn’t half hurt. Whack for whack it was worse than my dad’s slipper even through trousers and underpants. After 6 we were normally in tears. Another thing that I found weird was getting in front of other boys. I always found that embarrassing - more so than pulling my pants down in front of my dad.

How did others rate the embarrassment factor?

Alan

georgie

the slipper

No score for this post
December 28 2005, 9:54 PM 

In southern european countries,slippering is an ordinary way for mothers to punish children.It's usually a carpet sole-leathered slipper that hurts more if you get it on the bare upper thighs.In my childhood,my mother slippered me
many times for being naughty but never on bare buttocks or on her knee.
She kept me standing,holding me firmly with one hand and whacking me with the other.Other times,I was slippered lying on the floor or in the bed.

Andy

Depends on lots of factors

No score for this post
June 12 2004, 1:49 AM 

A worn slipper with a thin rubber sole will sting but only be effective if used to give a long spanking. A relatively new plimsoll has more weight and rigidity, so, used hard will be much more effective. A newish slipper with a hard sole though, has the weight to impart a very sharp sting. The plimsoll tends to give less sting.

Either used correctly will have the desired effect.

anon

No score for this post
June 13 2004, 9:10 AM 

Having received both implements i can honestly say that the plimsoll certainly hurts more
I felt the plimsoll at school bent over a vaulting horse administered by a very powerful p.e master, six was the maximum he could give
At home dad used his slipper, i was bent over his knee and my bottom bared
Im just glad that dad didnt use a plimsoll that would have been unbearable

No score for this post
June 20 2004, 7:59 PM 

I was caned at my first prep school a couple of times over trousers, these were hard canings with a heavy cane that bruised even though they were both only 3 strokes. At age 11 I went as a boarder to another prep school where the most usualy punishment was the gymshoe, this was always given on the bare bottom. The first time I got it was while changing for PT in the dormitory, I can't remember why but a few of us got it, the headmaster made us come into the corridor one at a time we were told to bare bottom and bend over, then, whack whack whack, it didnt seem too bad as it happened but a few moments later there was a searing agony that made me clutch my bottom. I was very surprised as it looked a lot less scary than the cane. I went on to get it regularly for the next 2 years mostly for poor work. It usually meant a visit to the changing rooms after reporting to the headmaster with my daily report card, then a long wait and he would turn up with his gymshoe tell you to bare your bottom and bend over for the whacking that would usually be around 3 or 4 whacks. We would rush over to the basins directly after and throw cold water all over our bottoms to try and offset the agonising burning that would have us jumping around.

In 1960 I went to a minor public school where punishments were mostly given by prefects, the house prefects gave the gymshoe or clothesbrush and the school prefects the cane. Mostly I was punished by house prefects, they usually waited till we were in pyjamas so came round at night and whacked us bending over the end of our beds, the gymshoeings they gave were nothing like as painful as I got at my prep school but the clothesbrush was on a par with it.

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
June 20 2004, 9:10 PM 

Mark,

Your first slippering at the second prep school (being on the bare bum and very painful) would surely have etched itself deeply into the memory of any 11-year-old recipient - yet you say you can't remember why you got it? I find that astonishing.

You also say there was a significant delay of several moments between the administering of the slippering and the searing agony that followed. I know that sort of delay is not uncommon with a caning but I've never heard it reported in connection with a slippering.

You also say the headmaster would trek from his office all the way to the changing rooms in order to administer a slippering. I find that astonishing as I cannot for the life of me think of a single reason why he would do that.

You also say that after a slippering you and your friends would rush over to the basins and throw cold water all over your bottoms to offset the burning. That also I find incredible as I can't imagine why anyone would think it might be effective as a cooling device or anaesthetic. When you throw water in small (i.e. non-industrial) quantities, it almost immediately assumes the temperature of the surrounding air - so the only effect if would have on your bum is to make it soaking wet. The only place that water cools red-hot bums is in cartoons and comedy films - and even then you've got to sit in a horse trough and looked relieved amid the rising steam.

The account of the prefects is, in isolation, not incredible but added to the rest of your educational adventures it makes one think that you must have been the most spanked schoolboy in the world - and by a very long way!

Mark

No score for this post
June 20 2004, 9:28 PM 

Hi Lotta

It is all true but I have no idea why we got whacked while changing but it was 46 years ago. I can remember quite a few whackings but not always the reasons for them. I can imagine you would find it fictitious if I was a woman but it was usual in those days for boys to be punished on the bottom. I suppose bare bottom punishment was usual but we didnt know at the time. That prep school was a quakers school called Hill Place School, Stow on the Wold.

I have actually met a few women who were spanked at school, they have tended to be older women, one in particular was caned at a reform school in the 60s and wanted me to give her a similar caning, namely 12 hard strokes, I gave it to her on her bare bottom whereas she got it over knickers at the reform school. She got it for escaping, something she did over 20 times from the ages of 13 to 17, as far as I know she was telling me the truth and had no problems with the caning and strapping I gave her.

Where can I get a size 12 plimsoll?

No score for this post
August 6 2004, 2:27 PM 

All of this talk about slippers and plimsolls has got me on the hunt again... anyone know where I could obtain a well-worn size 12 genuine plimsoll as used at school?  ... you know, the type that was always so flexible with the solid rubber sole that stung like hell. 

I have looked in charity shops, jumble sales and car-boot sales in the past but with no luck.  At one time there would always have been one or two lurking in the corner of a school changing room but nowadays all you would find would be trainers ... and that's all that sports shops sell ... not the same thing at all!!!

I suppose that all sensible people upon finding such a foetid item would instantly chuck it in the dustbin.  Don't they know that there are people like me out here who would are actively seeking them? ...

There is only one good use that they can be put to:-

gym103.jpg 

Any offers? ... see http://www.cpcp.me.uk ...

Take care ... have fun

Paul

Paul's web page: http://www.cpcp.me.uk ... e-mail: mail@cpcp.me.uk

seeafloor

Re: Where can I get a size 12 plimsoll?

No score for this post
August 14 2004, 11:49 PM 

Not at school or since have I ever been whacked with a size 12. would love to try and take a good few strokes off one, mind you I have had a few smaller plimmies that have made me jump and that is since I left school.

curious too ...

No score for this post
August 15 2004, 6:09 PM 

Hi Seeafloor

I have to confess that I have gotten more curious about it since some of the posts on here too ...

... any guys near Southampton, UK? ...

Paul

Paul's web page: http://www.cpcp.me.uk ... e-mail: mail@cpcp.me.uk

Anonymous

Re: Where can I get a size 12 plimsoll?

No score for this post
December 5 2004, 3:21 PM 

I received 25 whacks with an adult size 12 black slip on plimsoll yesterday. They can be bought from United Footwear.

MJ

Getting Slippered: Plimsoll or Slipper

No score for this post
February 15 2005, 4:59 PM 

I found slipperings with my Dad more painful than those I recieved at school.

At school, the 'Slipper' ranged from a flat gym shoe with a smooth rubber sole, to a heavier plimsoll, to a leather topped adidas training shoe.

Perhaps surprisingly, the stingiest whack out of school Slippers came from a blow with the light gym shoe landed expertly across both my buttocks by an English teacher who caught me drawing caricatures in his lesson. I was required to bend right over and touch my toes but sprung to my feet with tears in my eyes after he landed the Slipper and was relieved not to have bend down again as I would have cried.

The heavier plimsoll delivered more of a 'knock' than a sting followed by a not unpleasant tingling and bottom warming experience on the three occasions that I was lucky enough to be slippered with that - thanks to a Geography teacher, a Physics teacher and a Chemistry teacher.

The adidas training shoe made a hollow 'wop' as it impacted with the bottom and caused a bottom reddening sting. My Form Tutor gave me a few experiences with that and once took the time to bend me over a desk for five whacks on the bottom.

Dad's slippering differed from school ones in the sense that I usually had to go over his knee to have my bottom slippered and the punishment lasted longer. Mostly, dad slippered my bottom with a brown rubber soled slipper or a lightweight leather sandal whilst I lay face down over his knee as he sat in his armchair. The first one or two whacks were sometimes enjoyable even but he 'meant business' and spanked me with the slipper not just until I cried but until I howled.

On one occasion - aged 12 or 13 - he made me wait in the kitchen whilst he went to fetch a slipper. I waited, thinking the punishment legitimate, and put my hands on the kitchen stool and bent over when he returned with a carpet slipper with a thick, black vinyl sole. The first whack of this was agonising but worse followed and I cried so hard that I thought I would suffocate; all the wind was knocked out of me. One shot, in particular, landed on the top of my bottom/ lower back and left bruising. However, my dad still continued...

No... this was far worse than the Slipper at school.

John

No score for this post
February 19 2005, 6:56 PM 

My sister an I were both slippered at home by mum and dad, using a carpet slipper. My sister who was 2 yrs older then me got it less often, and never on the bare, which is how I sometimes got it. She also always got it in private while dad would whack me anywhere.

We both went to the same school where slippering was less common except from the gym teachers. I got it a number of times at school while my goody two shoes sister was always boasting about never getting it!! My view was that the slipper at school was worse as more people watched you get it and a young fit pe teacher whacked harder than dad and used a large rubber soled plimsoll.

You can imagine my delight then one day when I was about 13 and sis was 15 to overhear in the dinner queue twoof my sisters classmates discussing the slippering of my sister and her two best friends in front of the class in the gym lesson. I could not wait to see sis that night and ask her what had happened.

I could not spill the beans as one of my sisters best friends mum had rung and to our mum what had happened. Sis and two friends had been caught smoking by the pe teacher outside the schoolgates in the morning. she was given the choice of going to the headmaster - that would result in the cane on the bum in private or being punished by the pe teacher. Thinking this would be less painful, they opted for that.

In pe, the three were made to bend over in a row and touch their toes. They then recieved four very hard whacks each on the seat of their pe shorts. My sis, getting it last was crying before the teacher got to her - which made the class s******. She also agreed it was worse than dad gave out

John

No score for this post
February 19 2005, 6:57 PM 

My sister an I were both slippered at home by mum and dad, using a carpet slipper. My sister who was 2 yrs older then me got it less often, and never on the bare, which is how I sometimes got it. She also always got it in private while dad would whack me anywhere.

We both went to the same school where slippering was less common except from the gym teachers. I got it a number of times at school while my goody two shoes sister was always boasting about never getting it!! My view was that the slipper at school was worse as more people watched you get it and a young fit pe teacher whacked harder than dad and used a large rubber soled plimsoll.

You can imagine my delight then one day when I was about 13 and sis was 15 to overhear in the dinner queue twoof my sisters classmates discussing the slippering of my sister and her two best friends in front of the class in the gym lesson. I could not wait to see sis that night and ask her what had happened.

I could not spill the beans as one of my sisters best friends mum had rung and to our mum what had happened. Sis and two friends had been caught smoking by the pe teacher outside the schoolgates in the morning. she was given the choice of going to the headmaster - that would result in the cane on the bum in private or being punished by the pe teacher. Thinking this would be less painful, they opted for that.

In pe, the three were made to bend over in a row and touch their toes. They then recieved four very hard whacks each on the seat of their pe shorts. My sis, getting it last was crying before the teacher got to her - which made the class s******. She also agreed it was worse than dad gave out

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
February 19 2005, 7:30 PM 

A fiction twice told is still a fiction.

Dale

warming experience

No score for this post
August 16 2005, 10:22 AM 

At primary school we were usually smacked with the hand on the legs or bottom (which stung) but one teacher had a reputation for giving the slipper. We had him about once a week and one particular day some lad misbehaved and was sent to fetch the slipper (a much worn plimsoll). He had to bend over while the teacher fetched him a terrific whack. On the way back to his seat, the unfortunate boy was overheard by the teacher to say to his mate, 'It didn't hurt'. The teacher appeared to take this as a personal insult to his whacking prowess and bawled at the lad: 'Go to my room! I'll make it hurt!' We were all fascinated to know what would happen to the boy, but when he came from the teacher's room, all he would say was, 'My bumn feels as though you could fry a pice of toast on it!'

Danny

The Slipper

No score for this post
August 16 2005, 10:26 AM 

An excellent decription of what a slippering felt like!

Lotta Nonsense

Re: The Slipper

No score for this post
August 16 2005, 12:19 PM 

It's not that excellent, is it?

I mean, I've never heard of anyone frying a piece of toast - have you?

Danny

Toast

No score for this post
August 16 2005, 12:58 PM 

Use your imagination, Lotta! Were you never a kid?

Big John Basildon

Re: Toast

No score for this post
August 16 2005, 4:45 PM 

From ‘The Alamo’:

‘Toast’ - I like the sound of the word. It’s the kind-a word that makes a man wonder if he can fry a piece on his bum.

Danny

Re Re toast

No score for this post
August 16 2005, 6:29 PM 

Hear hear!

the sandal

No score for this post
August 24 2005, 12:17 PM 

I missed out on the pleasures(?) of the slipper at school. Headmistress at first school used to give us the ruler, but never the slippr, and to be honest it didn't hurt much - more symbolic I think.

My stepmother did give us (me and my sister) what she called the 'slipper', which was actually a Scholl Sandal with a wooden sole. I can tell you it hurt like hell, and was dished out regularly.

Jon

Anonymous Crostek

Re: the sandal

No score for this post
October 3 2005, 4:07 AM 

For us non-Brits, can someone explain what these slippers are you are talking about? Do you use the term "slippering" to describe a spanking with some generic shoe implement? In the photo would A be considered a home slipper and B a Plimsoll? Then what is C? And what is a carpet slipper. Define your terms please for us uninitiated. Thanks.

[IMG][/IMG]

This message has been edited by larry1951 on Oct 3, 2005 11:59 AM

Research Assistant

No score for this post
October 3 2005, 12:01 PM 

The nom-de-plume in the above message has been edited. Anonymous contributions are not permitted on this forum.

Example A is a carpet slipper.

No score for this post
October 3 2005, 12:15 PM 

Type A is the only one that would becalled a slipper in normal English. This sort of thing has been the traditional spanking implement in many British families for years. The punishment given with it is known as "slippering". Type B is normally called a plimsoll or gymshoe. It was the typical footwear for doing P.E. or gym at school. It was also used for administering corporal punishment in a lot of schools in the UK until abolition (1987 in state schools, 1999 in private schools, some of which are confusingly called "public schools"). Strangely these things were called "gymshoes" or "plimsolls" when they were being used for gym but when one of them was being used to whack someone's backside it was generally called "the slipper" and the punishment was known as "slippering". For example you would often hear the teacher say "I'll slipper the next person I catch talking!" That normally produced instant silence. I presume the reason for this rather unusual terminology was that the whackings at school were very similar to the whackings we got at home and the convenient domestic terminology was transferrd to the scholastic environment. At home of course there was always a handy slipper lying around (or on mum or dad's foot)and it could be put to good use on our bottoms, sometimes bared as a way of increasing the effectiveness of the punishment. At school there were no ordinary slippers lying around but there were plenty of old gymshoes and generations of teachers discovered that these were very effective implements for whacking the backsides of misbehaving pupils. At school of course bottoms could not be bared, so something a bit heavier than a domestic slipper was needed. The gymshoe turned out to be ideal. In the hands of a skilled performer Type B could sting like hell.

Alan S

Crostek

What are you talking about? And more questions.

No score for this post
October 3 2005, 1:59 PM 

Research Assistant (Larry) wrote: "The nom-de-plume in the above message has been edited. Anonymous contributions are not permitted on this forum."
This message has been edited by larry1951 on Oct 3, 2005 11:59 AM

How is going from a posting from Crostek to a posting from Anonymous Crostek a change? Particuarly when you are the one who added the word Anonymous and not I. I really don't get it.

To Alan S.: Thanks for the explanation! Now if someone could do the same thing for uniforms for me. What constituted a full uniform generally? Did it include particular underwear, socks, shoes? Was there a summer and winter uniform? What was the deal on long and short pants? Was there a uniform for sleepwear? Was there uniform underwear? What exactly constituted a p.e. "Kit"?

And what it the deal on underpants: I have read some people talk about Y fronts and A front. When I was a boy there was only one kind of brief. In some school stories the kind of underpants seems to be pretty important for some reason.
We wore: [IMG][/IMG]

I found this as A front:[IMG][/IMG]

What are g fronts? And was a particular type of underpants a standard uniform requirement?

Big John Membership Secretary

Re: What are you talking about? And more questions.

No score for this post
October 3 2005, 3:17 PM 

You will find, Crostek, that this Happy Circle has a few idiosyncrasies. If you forget to insert a name you are automatically given the title ’Anonymous’, but please don’t be put off and

Keep on a-postin’.

Slippered Sam

It wasn't a carpet slipper

No score for this post
June 22 2006, 6:42 AM 

Putting your slippers on your feet at home brings relaxation and comfort, and makes you think of softness.

Getting the slipper at school didn't bring comfort, believe you me. It was a rubbery, elastic plimsoll.

It was used on boys in many schools - junior and secondary - into the 1980s in English schools. Three, or even two, on the same piece of bottom could fill the eyes of the toughest of boys with tears, if delivered by an expert.

In my junior school, the headmaster used to cane our hands - usually one on each, for very serious offences. When he left, his successor announced in school assembly that he was abolishing the cane. We all cheered - but our joy was short lived.

He went on to tell us that he was afraid to cane really hard on the hands, in case it did injury to the bones. The regulations forbade caning on the bottom below secondary school age.

He told us that if teachers sent us to him for something more serious than a normal classroom slippering, his punishment would be to make us change into gym shorts, without underpants.

Some of us soon learned that this was no soft option. When we had stood before him, and he had passed sentence, we were given a pair of thin shorts - a few were kept, washed after each use by his wife - and sent into an classroom to get changed. He had given us a bag to put our trousers and underpants into, and to return them to his room. Then we were dispatched to the toilet, to make sure there were no accidents during our execution. On returning to him, we were marched to our classroom. We always were slippered with our shirts pulled out, which he held onto, so that we didn't fall over. I don't think anybody got more than 4; I got 3, on the most painful area. If there were two to be slippered he would have them touching their toes facing each other, and deliver alternative wallops. He warned us that if we jumped up mid-sentence, he would start all over again. We were also forbidden to rub our bottoms - that was called being a coward, and not wanting to take the full pain of our punishment.

You just wanted some ice cubes on your burning bum.

I only got it once. There was also the threat, that if you went back for the same offence, the dose would be increased.

I suppose it was a good apprenticeship for the grammar school, where I would be going the next year. My older brother already went there. We were both bright academically, but both of us had a wicked sense of humour, which got us into trouble. The grammar school headmaster was an artist, delivering six parallel lines right across both buttocks. He had got that about a month before my aforementioned slippering. When he got home, he sent me to the chemist for some ointment with pain killer in it. I put some in the 'wounds' after he had had a bath, which made him wince.

After my chastisement, he put some of this ointment on me.

Two years later, when I bent over the stool in the grammar school head's study - my brother then deputy head boy - the junior school slippering seemed like a tickle. A senior prefect and another teacher were always present for canings, and the head agreed that my brother would not be called upon as a witness. After the first stroke has sunk in, I thought, if it hurts like this after one, what will it be like after six. The rest of the punishment turned out to be every it as bad as I dreaded it to be.

My brother's reaction when we got home was in two parts - first he was ashamed of me for letting the side down. That was his official position. But then he put his arm round me, and said 'Let's have a look'. Then he was angry that someone would do that to his brother. After a shower, he put some ointment on, from our parents' medicine cabinet.

Like him, I only got caned once. Later, I was to do one better than he, and become Head Boy. By then, the cane had been abolished.

Dave

Re: It wasn't a carpet slipper

No score for this post
June 22 2006, 6:39 PM 

Ah - happy days - your post brought back so many memories.

It is true that you need to be an expert to deliver a really effective punishment with a plimsoll. And that its impact is certainly diminished if given over more than one layer of clothing. At our school, normal punishments from prefects or masters were three strokes of the plimsoll on a bottom covered by tightly stretched trousers and underpants. A loud whacking in a small classroom certainly impressed the boys watching but in truth it only stung for a few seconds and then you were left with a warm tingling in your bottom and the strange feeling that your pants were sticking to the skin of your bottom.

The hardest whacker with a plimsoll in our school was our history master. He was young and athletic and also taught games. When he slippered a boy in the history class you could see he put all of his weight into it and had a swing that was to be admired. The sound of rubber sole meeting flannel trousers could be heard right down the corridor.

This master was also the housemaster of the school's small boarding house. (Most of us were day boys). One day we had to hand in some forms that had been signed by our parents for some reason. One of the boarders had forgotten to send his form home to his parents. "See me after prayers for the slipper," said the master. The boy concerned, who was actually quite a tough kid, a rugby star, started whining and trying to get out of it. We all knew why. Not only was he due to spend all day thinking about the slippering he was going to get just before bedtime in the boarding house. Not only was he going to be slippered by the hardest whacker in the school. But we all knew that boys in the boarding house were slippered after they had changed into their pajamas for bed - no underpants allowed. A slippering from this master with only thin cotton pajamas covering his bottom was something that this wretched boy was right to fear.

That night as I went to bed in the comfort of my own home I thought about my class mate bending over and touching his toes in the housemaster's study, and receiving those awesome hard whacks with a heavy plimsoll on his upturned bottom, with his pajamas providing no real protection from the plimsoll's wicked repeated smacks on the same spot on his tender young skin.

Sam the Slippered

It wasn't a carpet slipper (part 2)

No score for this post
June 22 2006, 7:10 PM 

At home our dad reserved the right to slipper us if he thought we were naughty. A carpet slipper? No such luck. He knew enough from his own school days to know what a slippering slipper was - a springy plimsoll (or plimsole). The most effective slipperer was one with a small weapon, but very springy. He didn't hold it up high, but without moving his body, got into position and just flicked it. It sprung on impact. And Dad had learned from painful experience where the tenderest part of a boy's bottom was. At home, fathers' punishments were usually 'on the bare'. Granddad's punishment for my dad had been 'the strap', which was quite vicious. We knew that Granddad had passed on that strap to our Dad, and he demonstrated how it would be used. But he never used it on us.

As at school, we had to touch our toes, but with our trousers and underpants dropped down. He lifted up our shirt tail, so that we wouldn't fall over, and sprung it across our bums. It was usually three across the same spot, and three in another spot, and it jolly well hurt. He knew by experience the sitting down part. So it hurt a lot more than the school slipper, the pain of which had usually worn down by the evening. But as Dad's slipperings were usually at night, we were known to kneel down to do our homework, or to bring a pillow out of our bedroom to sit on.

Because there was still some soreness in the morning, this created a bit of an embarrassing problem, though a joke between us two brothers in subsequent years. After a walloping, it could be very painful when we sat on the seat designed for bare posteriors! (After the school canings which we suffered, for a few days it was VERY painful when we performed that bodily function.)

We have never punished our own children in that way, and hope we will never find cause to. I think it is right to make it illegal - those in positions of authority (teachers or parents) can be sadistic.

I can say we deserved all our wallopings. They were not used very often. Some boys were always getting whacked,at home and at school. That shows it wasn't effective.

Lotta Nonsense

Re: It wasn't a carpet slipper (part 2)

No score for this post
June 22 2006, 7:40 PM 

Sam obviously lives in a homo-erotic incestuous dream world.

Steve M

No score for this post
June 22 2006, 7:44 PM 

SAM

Ab-so-bloody-lutely!

Your last para is exactly my experience. Same old backsides again, as Madness once sang, so it deterred no-one!

As for the instrument of torture, in my case, never even smacked at home, infants was hand or small black plimsoll(not on me),primary, hand or very rare cane on hand from Head(again, I did not taste these delights).

Grammar school(1963-70),probably no more than a half-dozen of the 60-odd masters used a slipper,all caning by Head,Head of Middle, or Head or Lower School. Gym shoes were nearly always size 11-13 and WHITE. I tasted that from one master, who also used metal rulers and bits of 4 by 2 on head,trouser seat or anywhere else he could hit.

He had some advantages as the woodwork teacher and an ex-Desert Rat. I won't knock it, though, as I was not only useless at the subject, but a nuisance every 2-Tuesday afternoon periods, or 90 mins in English,for every week for 3 years. Floreat Nogger Knight,then!

The only black shoe wielder was Merc MacCullum,a great stalwart of Maths. His slipper was called Percy-because he PER-SUADES people to behave.If you'd heard Merc say that in his Somerset accent,you might appreciate the joke better.

Merc was not a big hitter,but usually give 3 instead of Nogger's one,and in so doing revealed a mathematician's sense of direction for maximum effect, whereas one from Nogger was like bloody Panzer fire and a job to stay in position for!

Merc didn't actually slipper me, but I did see him in action two or three times & the recipients(12-14 years old) were biting lips firmly afterwards. Nogger you knew was going to be a big one,so you could brace yourself for it,I reckon.

And I'm still useless at woodwork,though I did get grade 4 O level Maths.

Subscriptions Manager

No score for this post
June 22 2006, 10:04 PM 

Welcome to Slippered Sam/Sam the Slippered, a writer of great charm. He is one of our many contributors who remember things that did not happen better than things that did.

Sam the Slippered

No score for this post
June 23 2006, 11:03 AM 

Lotta Nonsense and Subscriptions Manager: Obviously I can't prove that I am telling the truth. Can anybody on this site? But just read school websites for old pupils. Corporal punishment and terrible toilets figure very high in many pupils' memories.

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
June 23 2006, 6:26 PM 

As far as I'm aware, nobody on Earth has ever suggested that the sorts of things mentioned on this forum never happened. Indeed, most of things mentioned on this forum happened to lots of people.

However, the fact that something happened to lots of people doesn't mean that it happened to everyone who says it did.

Almost every story on every CP site in the world is a fantasy.

Some are true, of course, but the overwhelming majority are false.

No score for this post
June 23 2006, 8:13 PM 

I expect you're one of those who also doubt the Holocaust, Lotta!
I can assure you that these things happened - so regularly and often in my day that no one thought twice about it. The reason you think that the majority of contributers on this forum are liars is because it's so hard to believe such things happened in this country, but they did!
In the past there was no such thing as anyone being sued for molesting a child, and it happened all the time (as normal corporal punishment then would now be classed as molestation). We, as children, did as we were told and took treatment that would put the perpertrators in jail today.
If hundreds of the people who were put into gas ovens during the war were somehow able to recount their experiences, Lotta, I have no doubt you would ridicule them and tell everyone they were lying.
In a way I'm very glad that in today's society mass gassings and beatings in schools are thought too ridiculous to be true but sadly those old enough to remember, know differently.

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
June 23 2006, 10:57 PM 

Danny, can you read?

In my posting above, I say:

"most of things mentioned on this forum happened to lots of people"

You should go to Specsavers.

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
June 23 2006, 10:59 PM 

It should, of course, read "most of the things mentioned on this forum happened to lots of people"

Danny

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 4:51 AM 

Then why do you think those 'lots of people' keep quiet and almost everyone contruting here are liars?

Danny

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 5:10 AM 

And you don't have to shout, I'm not deaf AND blind, Lotta!

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 10:51 AM 

"Then why do you think those 'lots of people' keep quiet and almost everyone contributing here are liars?" asks Danny Boy (aka the London derrière).

One might just as well ask why lots of people 'keep quiet' about the fact that they at one time or another saw a giraffe or tripped over a paving stone. Most people say nothing about those things or their CP experiences because the subjects are usually of no interest to them or indeed to most other people.

As for the reason most contributors to this CP forum (and all others) are liars, it's because the whole world of adult CP - and that includes 'memories' - is very largely a world of illusion and fantasy.

Danny

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 2:15 PM 

'One might just as well ask why lots of people 'keep quiet' about the fact that they at one time or another saw a giraffe or tripped over a paving stone. Most people say nothing about those things or their CP experiences because the subjects are usually of no interest to them or indeed to most other people'

Then would you be good enough to go and find a forum in which people who watch giraffe's or birds or railway engines or collect stamps or post cards. You can then enjoy yourself telling them all they've never actually seen a giraffe or a bird or a railway engine because people who have are not interested in them, You do have starnge ideas, Lotta!

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 4:02 PM 

I wonder what colour the sky is on Danny's planet?

Uno Hu

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 5:07 PM 

You are much too big for your funny little boots again Lotta, and you are disrupting the forum.

Do you have enough self control to ease up on the pills and act responsibly?

Or must we resort to another public showdown?

Lotta Nonsense

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 6:06 PM 

Showing yourself in public renders you liable to prosecution under the Vagrancy Act or the Town Police Clauses Act.

It might therefore be wise to keep yourself to yourself.

Brilliance

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 6:13 PM 

Final warning Lotta.

You are disrupting the forum.

You will be made an example of if it continues.

Danny

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 6:10 PM 

at least it's THIS planet!

Slippered Sam (or, Sam the Slippered)

It wasn't a carpet slipper (part 3)

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 3:10 AM 

Some people on this thread seem to be setting themselves up as 'the David Irvines of school history.' I have visited Auschwitz, and stood in the gas chambers, and some German friends of mine visited other concentration camps. I am non-Jewish, and white 'Aryan'(to use a Nazi term for a moment), but am opposed to racism of any kind.

I have emailed what I wrote to my elder brother, and he substantiates all that I wrote. He was particularly concerned about the implication of incest. He was 6 when I was 2, and if he was in the house when I was on my potty, and later on the toilet, he always attended to me. How can a boy wiping his little brother's bottom be classed as incest? And the same goes for applying ointment after a thrashing. This is just sibling care.

I am going to write something else for this thread, when we have both drafted something out and I have edited it and he has agreed it. Whether this will convince the deniers, I very much doubt. But in a democracy, that is their privilege.

Steve M

Re: It wasn't a carpet slipper (part 3)

No score for this post
June 24 2006, 6:45 PM 

SAM

Please be like Dr Johnson here;it's wonderful to see a woman using logic, so don't be too upset if the logic goes a bit awry.

LOTTA

You'd find THIS hard to believe, especially given the current 6 ft 8 donkey wearing number 9,but we actually won the World Cup 40 years ago. I did witness it,too-I was one of the 93,000 crowd.

There was better news for lovers of football,as that exact day,Eric Cantona was born!

Apologies that I can't come up with some sage philosophy re sardines and seagulls and trawlers, but I can't match any of it to CP-yet!

By the way,do you wear YOUR shirt collar turned up?

GeorgieC

No score for this post
June 25 2006, 12:17 AM 

Steve M

Hate to tell you this but the overgrown donkey is number 21.

"Wayne the Saviour" is number 9.

We can't give Lotta any factual inaccuracies, can we?

Steve M

No score for this post
June 25 2006, 10:52 AM 

Thanks,Georgie!

Must have got punchdrunk with 266 mins(plus injury time!) of Donkey's "skills" on show & forgotten he's only a pretend centre-forward by number and reputation.

Wonder how Lotta would've coped with the grinning Brazilian referee and a 2nd yellow card.Could she have argued her way out of that?

Probably!

Dave

No score for this post
June 25 2006, 7:00 PM 

Lotta and I were also among the 43,930,427 fans who claimed to be at the 1966 game.

Steve M

No score for this post
June 25 2006, 11:17 PM 

DAVE

I'm too gallant to ask a lady her age,but Lotta wasn't even born then,I know!

Just to keep the footie theme going,tonight's yellow card,anyone? referee,Mr Y Ivanov of Russia is & ought to remain----------

A SCHOOLMASTER!!!!!!

And the real event for exaggerated attendeance was cricket's first tied Test at Brisbane Dec 1960. Richie Benaud was Aus captain & knew the last-day crowd was 5,500, so has been amazed to meet, or been contacted by, 90,000 people who were actually there as well.

My ticket in 1966 cost me £10(a lot of pocket-money!) and about 2 weeks wages to a lot of people at work then. My proudest moment was knocking the tout down to £17 10s for 2-so my Dad was with me to see one fellow Essex-born man score & an Essex-brought up man score the other three!

I ought to add my father was wise enough to keep slippers solely on his feet,despite an abusive father of his own,in case Sam & others think I'm going to completely ignore the forum's raison D'etre! Still, I'm sure Sam's slippering father had as much pride in HIS son as a man as my late non-slippering father had.

Steve

South Europe

No score for this post
June 30 2006, 1:14 PM 

Hello people. I am really glad that so many people shared their experiences both at home and at school with us. I come from Greece where slippering is not used at schools at all. The slipper though is the most common thing that someone in spanked with when the hand spanking is not enough (or appropriate).
Beeing quite fascinated wih the idea of slippering from my younger ages, I came accross many different cases of slippering all over the world. What I have concluded is that in southern European countries (Greece, Italy, Malta, Spain and sometimes France), the slipper is a very common discipline object at home. It varies from a carpet slipper (as called in the UK) to an exercise sandal (Dr. Scholl is quite famous in Greek bottoms), and an ordinary flip-flop, the matterial? you name it. Leather sandals, wooden clogs and exercise sandals, plastic slippers (very stingy indeed), rubber flip-flops. The stinging depends on the matterial first of all (you would expect the wooden exercise sandal to sting more that a foamy rubber flip-flop), then on the person that uses it (in Greece its more a mother's case), and then the way it is given (bare botom or not). I have to say that plimsoles are not used here in Greece for spanking.
Once again, thank you all for your contributions.
Keep up.

Slippered Sam

Re: South Europe

No score for this post
July 1 2006, 5:44 AM 

I found a story about a father who caned his two sons regularly, and had himself been caned at school, and then was allowed to use the cane as a prefect:

http://www.textfiles.com/sex/EROTICA/L/latenite.txt

The word EROTICA indicates the type of site it is, and I didn't look at any more material.

We have no means of knowing how much embroidery there is in this story, but it shows (a) that this excessive use of corporal punishment didn't have much effect, and (b) that the two brothers did comfort each other. I suggest that the father enjoyed caning his sons. Did the boys enjoy being caned? Did their care for each other border on the erotic? We have no means of knowing.

Alan S

Adding to a thread

No score for this post
July 21 2006, 10:53 AM 

Is anyone else looking for the recent contribution that sent this thread back to the top of the board? If so, scroll down to the 25th contribution (approx.). When adding any contribution to a new thred, it is best, I suggest, to respond to the last message in the thread. That way people can find it easily.

Current Topic - Plimsoll or Slipper?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Find more forums on Schools

Create your own forum at Network54

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement