Re: [SLE] Difference between FTP version and Professional CD edition

From: wolfi (wolfi_z_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 09:37:58 CEST

    From: wolfi <wolfi_z@gmx.net>
    Date: 04 Oct 2002 09:37:58 +0200
    Subject: Re: [SLE] Difference between FTP version and Professional CD edition

    On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 08:33, freaky@bananateam.nl wrote:
    > Sorry if this question comes in more than once.
    > We have some mailserver probs :-(

    This questions comes up at every new release:-)
    And, so far, only once from you ...

    > Anyways, I'd like to know the difference between the FTP
    > version and the professional cd version of the suse distribution.
    > Preferably the upcoming 8.1.
    > On the site it said some things were left out due to licensing
    > reasons.
    > Is that all?

    AFAICT Yes. You normally can trust in the SuSE web site:-)
    You should well think about the time it takes to dl the whole stuff and
    the time it takes to install then, you 'save' no more than 50 Euros
    compared to the Professional Update box version, which has all seven CDs
    plus a DVD, so you have two complete sets of install media.
    The only thing the Pro Update misses compared to the full version are
    some manuals - as an experienced user you won't need them.

    > And which are those?

    Must be something like acrobat reader and stuff.
    You can dl this elsewhere, anyway.

    > Anyway TIA and kind regards.

    Cheers .... Wolfi