Re: [SLE] Wireless setup in 8.1

From: sjb (ottaky_at_ottaky.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 08:41:49 CEST

    Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 06:41:49 +0000
    From: sjb <ottaky@ottaky.com>
    Subject: Re: [SLE] Wireless setup in 8.1

    arawak wrote:

    > HP Pavilion sees the card and the light flashes on & off.
    >
    > I've taken off my /var/log/messages for some one to work out
    > what I should do next to get the card to work.
    >

    > I run iwconfig wlan0 and get lost in all of the configuration
    > Process to setup the card.

    > Oct 14 01:08:57 linux ifup: No configuration found for wlan-pcmcia-0
    > wlan0

    Looks like you need to create / edit a config file for the interface.

    What do you see if you run ifconfig?

    I'm guessing you haven't set an IP address, or enabled DHCP - if you use
    a static address, try

    ifconfig wlan0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

    if you're using DHCP, try

    dhcpcd wlan0

    and see what happens.

    HTH