Re: [SLE] YOU update and printing

From: John Pettigrew (john_at_xl-cambridge.com)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 11:36:04 CEST

    Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:36:04 +0100
    From: John Pettigrew <john@xl-cambridge.com>
    Subject: Re: [SLE] YOU update and printing

    In a previous message, I wrote:

    > I ran YOU today (SuSE 8.1) and I can no longer print.

    I've tested this again and I can't work out what's happening. Doing a test
    print from YaST works. This says that is uses 'lpr -Plp /path/to/file.ps' to
    print the test. If I try this manually ('lpr -Plp /a/different/file.ps')
    then nothing happens - there is no sign that the file is sent to the
    printer (it doesn't appear in the queue and there is no network activity).
    I've tried this as root and user but neither works.

    I know nothing about lpr and can't see why it would work for YaST and not
    manually. I've re-run YOU but printing still doesn't work.

    Pointers gratefully received!

    Thanks,

    John

    --
    John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
    john@headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price