Re: [SLE] [OT] Top-posting is so Microsoftish

From: Philipp Thomas (pth_at_t-link.de)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 11:52:43 CEST

    From: Philipp Thomas <pth@t-link.de>
    Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:52:43 +0200
    Subject: Re: [SLE] [OT] Top-posting is so Microsoftish

    Either your MUA doesn't comply to the standards and ignored the
    reply-to (which was set to the list) or you yourself deliberately
    ignored that, as I received a copy as private mail.

    Doug McGarrett <dougmack@i-2000.com> [17 Oct 2002 21:18:07 -0400]:

    >If the original poster doesn't like the standard

    Pray tell what standard? Lotus Notes for sure isn't one. But instead
    there are standards like the RFC mentioned in this thread.

    >he should just not read these emails.

    Wow, you send me a copy as private mail and shy away from answering me
    directly. That truly deserves a *PLONK*

    >enough examples of why writing first makes sense,

    To those that deliberately ignore existing guidelines and RFCs, yes.

    >I don't have to add any.

    Do what you like, my killfile just got another entry.

    Philipp

    --
    Philipp Thomas                             work: pthomas@suse.de
    Development SuSE Linux AG               private: pth@t-link.de