[SLE] stat=Deferred: Connection refused/was "email is lost"

From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek (constant_at_indo.net.id)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 15:06:48 CEST

    From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@indo.net.id>
    Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:06:48 +0700
    Subject: [SLE] stat=Deferred: Connection refused/was "email is lost"

    >> pa>try something first. check your .mutt
    >> pa>if you have set envelope_from
    >> pa>if not, enter that in .muttrc and restart mutt and
    >> pa>try sending mail again.
    >>
    >> Thanks. Did so and it did not make a difference.
    >> I put following in .muttrc:
    >> set envelope_from=localhost.constant.net.id
    >>
    >> Would that be the correct sentence?

    >no, the correct setting is:
    >set envelope_from
    >BUT, the settings are for the mail client mutt.

    set envelope_from did not make a difference and for my outgoing
    email I still have to go back to good old Dos. There is
    activity at the kinternet button and the information from Kmail
    that my email was send. Up to now nothing leaves my computer

    In the /var/log/mail file I find following sentence after I
    have send email:

    Oct 21 22:07:27 bigone sendmail[1843]: g9LF7OfE001843:
     to=constant@indo.net.id, ctladdr=cons (500/100), delay=00:00:03,
     xdelay=00:00:02, mailer=relay, pri=30343,
     relay=localhost.constant.net. [64.15.175.5], dsn=4.0.0,
     stat=Deferred: Connection refused by localhost.constant.net.

    Can somebody tell me which program is preventing my email
    transfer?

    --

    NTReader v0.36w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.