Re: [SLE] Quick one: How to re-install grub boot loader?

From: Rafael E. Herrera (raffo_at_neuronet.pitt.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 22:02:11 CEST

    Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:02:11 -0400
    From: "Rafael E. Herrera" <raffo@neuronet.pitt.edu>
    Subject: Re: [SLE] Quick one: How to re-install grub boot loader?

    tabanna wrote:

    >>copy will not boot
    >
    > ~ guess you used fdisk or cfdisk to flag that new /boot partition as
    >bootable

    I think the partition was bootable, I'll have to recheck. When I tried I used Yast2's boot manager to change the partitions, I'm not sure if it reinstalled the boot record.

    What I don't know yet is how to reinstall the boot loader into the MBR of the second partiton. Before, it was simply re-running lilo. Is there a grub command line to do it?

    --
        Rafael