Re: [SLE] Bouncing to non-existing domain

From: Carlos E. R. (robin1.listas_at_tiscali.es)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 21:28:45 CET

    From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@tiscali.es>
    Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:28:45 +0100
    Subject: Re: [SLE] Bouncing to non-existing domain

    On Thursday 31 October 2002 19:50, Ben Rosenberg wrote:

    > * Carlos E. R. (robin1.listas@tiscali.es) [021031 09:26]:
    > ->
    > ->Fetchmail fetches from your account, and forwards to sendmail for
    > local ->delivery. This checks the domain of the poster, and rejects the
    > mail if it ->doesn't exist. The recomended action is a "temporary
    > failure", as they ->told you here; but that does not make sense when
    > fetching from a pop/imap ->account, as it will remain there for ever. It
    > makes sense on a server, ->because the sender will eventually give up or
    > correct the address. ->
    > ->You could disable that feature in sendmail, somehow. Otherwise, try to
    > add ->this line:

    Kmail doesn't know how to handle your "nonstandard" quote prefix (->).
    Pity.

    > Try installing procmail. Make a barebones procmailrc that looks
    > something like this...
    [... snip]
    > This line in the fetchmailrc will tell fetchmail to hand off all email
    > to procmail.

    Mmm... I do have procmail installed, I use it extensively. But skipping
    the sendmail handling, which does more things and checks (like some
    antispam cheks), and then in turn calls procmail, I dunno... :-?

    Anyway, both mails are not exact duplicates. Both are from
    "MAILER-DAEMON@localwhatever". But one is sent to
    "Postmaster@localwhatever", and the other
    "FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@localwhatever", double size.

    --