The Ellis School is a K-12 all girls day school. The core of our educational philosophy is that girls learn best when their education is unequivocally, uncompromisingly valued and that girls lead strongly when it is their voice that is heard most loudly.
Ellis students live up to high academic standards, but we believe that a good education includes those things that can’t be taught from a book, including strength of character, an appreciation for the arts and a respect for differences.
Our students take pride in their school and in themselves. At Ellis, there are no locks on the lockers. Peer friendships and role models are very important. As a group, our students are geographically, economically, and ethnically diverse. The Ellis experience gives girls the confidence not only to meet the future, but to shape it!
FAST FACTS ABOUT ELLIS
• Total Enrollment- 470 students
• Student to faculty ratio-6:1
• Faculty-77, of whom 65% hold advanced degrees. Six faculty members hold PhD’s and two have J.D’s
• 22% of students receive needs-based financial aid
• Students represent 62 zip codes and 35 school districts
• 25% of the student body are people of color
• Over 50 clubs are available to middle and upper school students
• Approximately 50% of the senior class is recognized as an Advanced Placement Scholar by the College Board.
• In addition to financial aid, 1.3 million dollars of merit aid for college was awarded to the class of 2005