A&M University '06
Acad. (Mass.) '02
- Member of the 2002 USA Basketball Junior World Championship
Qualifying Team that finished with a 4-1 record and the bronze medal;
qualified the United States for a berth in the 2003 FIBA Junior World
Championship, averaged 6.8 ppg., 4.4 rpg. and a team second best 2.4
- Recorded tournament bests of 10 points in the USAs
109-70 preliminary round victory over the Dominican Republic and seven
rebounds in the 67-65 semifinal loss to host Venezuela.
- Has career single game highs of 50 points, 14 rebounds,
- In three seasons at Lawrence Academy (Groton, Mass.),
he started 115 games and compiled over 1,800 points, 500 rebounds, 350
assists, 170 steals and 200 blocked shots.
- Selected to the West team for the EA Sports Roundball
Classic, scored four points and added seven rebounds
in the West's 115-103 loss to the East.
- Played for the White Team in the Kentucky Derby Festival
Basketball Classic and scored five points as the White posted a 149-120
victory over the Purple.
- Named 2002 Parade Magazine All-American third
- Ranked 22nd among the 2002 Senior Class by Hoop
Scoop, 34th by All-Star Sports and 50th by Monter College
- Averaged as a senior 26.5 ppg., 11.0 rpg., 4.0 apg.,
and shot 57.0 percent from the floor, 40 percent from 3-point, and aided
Lawrence Academy to a No. 7 state ranking.
- Selected 2002 Player of the Year, MVP of the playoffs,
- As a junior in 2000-01, averaged 23.0 ppg., 9.0 rpg.,
3.0 apg., and helped Lawrence to a 23-2 record and No. 11 state ranking.
- Named MVP of the playoffs, All-ISL, All-Scholastic.
- As a sophomore in 1999-2000, averaged 20.0 ppg., 6.0
rpg. and 5.0 apg., and assisted Lawrence to a 15-12 record.
- Named as a sophomore All-ISL and team MVP.
- Plays with the AAU Inland Team.
- Named by All-Star Sports its 2001 "Sleeper of
Has one older brother,
Wayne (20), and one younger sister Courtine (13).
States he has patterned
his game after Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady.
Lists Paul Pierce
as the best player he has ever played against.
- Enjoys poetry when
he's away from the court.
© 2002 USA Basketball, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
No part of the hereby supplied images and texts may be reproduced in any
manner whatsoever without the prior written authorization of USA Basketball,
USA Basketball is responsible for the editorial content
for its own data only. It cannot be held responsible for the content
of the links to pages external to this site.