[Table of Contents] [Search]

Re: first animated feature ever?

Mark,
here are the details of the German film on Albert Einstein, that I had in mind asking
for details on the Fleischer film „The Einstein Theory of relativity“. This film is
not preserverd, as far as I know, but according to the reviews it was a mixture of
life action, special effects and different animation techniques. German title: Die
Grundlagen der Einsteinschen Relativitäts-Theorie (Teil 1: Das Relativitätsprinzip,
Teil 2: Die Lichttheorie, Teil 3: Die spezielle Relativitäts-Theorie). My
translation: Elements of the Einstein theory of relativity (Part 1: The principle of
relativity, part 2; The theorie of light, part 3: The specific theorie of
relativity), produced by Colonna-Film, Berlin, directed by [Professor] Hanns Walter
Kornblum, with the collaboration of Dr. Otto Buek, Prof. Dr. Fanta (Prag), Prof. Dr.
Rudolf Laemmel (Zürich), Prof. Dr. G. F. Nicolai.
Censured: 30. 3. 1922, 2.045 m, released in March 1922.
I have also some reviews, but I can‘t find them for the moment. The film was not
meant for entertainment, but for instruction and information and was to be
accompanied by a lecture.
Mark, where is the Fleischer film preserved and is it available on video?

Jeanpaul

 [CoOL] [Search all CoOL documents]
[Feedback]
This page last changed: August 07, 2003