Ever heard of a recipe for Southern chocolate cobbler? You’ll be very, very glad you did. True chocoholics strive to experience chocolate in all its forms and this is one not to be missed!
1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa, plus
1/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups hot water
vanilla ice cream (optional)
1 hour 10 mins prep
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and 2 Tbsp cocoa.
2. Stir in milk and oil until smooth.
3. Pour into a greased 6 inch square baking pan.
4. Combine the brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter.
5. Pour hot water over top.
6. Do not stir.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
8. Serves 6-8.