Engineering, technical and safety teams reinflated the Teflon-coated fabric roof at B.C. Place Stadium in Vancouver, Friday, in a process that took just under three hours.
Graham Ramsay, the business development director of B.C. Place, said the reinflation was successful.
Vancouver's B.C. Place Stadium took three hours to inflate.
"As expected, it went really well. [The] next show we have [is] starting on Tuesday, so there is a lot of work to be done. But we are confident we can get it done prior to the show opening.
"Primarily, it involves our floor port areas, the electrical [system]. The rest of the building really is in quite good shape."
The inflating process began slowly around the edges of the dome, with the centre being the last section to go up.
When it was done, engineers inspected it to make sure it was safe.
Ramsay said the temporary patch used to repair the roof will be replaced in a few months with a permanent panel.
A preliminary engineering report released a week ago said the dramatic deflation on Jan. 5 was the result of a weakened spot in the original panel, combined with a communications error and gusty winds.
When the roof started to sag that morning, two workers activated additional fans at the same time to reinflate it — independently of each other — which caused the blowout of the roof panel.
- Saints meet Bears for NFC title
- Two of the NFL's most playoff-starved franchises will match up Sunday as the New Orleans Saints travel to Soldier Field to take on the Chicago Bears in the NFC Championship.
- Colts and Patriots duel again
- The New England Patriots find themselves in another playoff game with the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday.
- Federer, Roddick advance
- Amelie Mauresmo and Svetlana Kuznetsova are out of the Australian Open. Serena Williams is still around, as are Roger Federer and Andy Roddick.
- Phillies extend Utley's contract
- All-star second baseman Chase Utley signed an $85-million US, seven-year contract extension with the Phillies on Sunday that will take him through the 2013 season.
- Kiprusoff, Flames blanks Oilers
- Miikka Kiprusoff was his usual brilliant self in backstopping the Calgary Flames to a 4-0 victory over the Edmonton Oilers Saturday.