AtTask Announces @task version 4 release 3 Based on Web 2.0 Technologies
Completely Web-Based Application is Available as Software as a Service (SaaS) or as a Self-Hosted Enterprise Solution
Dec. 8, 2006 01:00 AM
@task is browser, database and platform independent, providing broad access for users across the enterprise and better integration with disparate data sources. The completely Web-based application is available as software as a service (SaaS) or as a self-hosted enterprise solution.
In addition to incorporating AJAX for better performance and a more intuitive interface, @task v4 r3 includes the following major updates:
• @task Reporting Framework: Define charts; complete custom rollups; and
• get instant access to graphs, with supporting aggregate and detailed
• information all with the click of a mouse.
• Interactive Gantt Charts: Manage projects by editing tasks, resources,
• priorities, constraints process flows, and then instantly see the impact of
• the changes within the project details.
• Trend Analysis Tools: Track the progress and health of any project by
• using baseline analysis tools and process improvement worksheets.
• Favorites: Instantly hot-link to any project, task, report or issue in
"What excites me about the latest release of @task is its 'cool' factor, from its user-friendly interface to its desktop application-like responsiveness," said Scott Johnson, chief executive officer of AtTask, Inc. "With the interface, we have removed much of the complexity and technical stereotypes typically associated with project management, making PPM approachable to everyone within the organization. You really must see it to believe it. By using Web 2.0 technologies, such as AJAX, @task has taken a leadership position in Web application UI performance and usability. The benefit to our customers is @task's high user adoption will lead to greater returns on process improvement and project management, as well as improve the bottom line."
According to Jeffrey M. Kaplan, managing director of THINKstrategies, "One of the most important and often overlooked benefits of today's SaaS solutions is the real-time, multi-user interface and dynamic processing that web-based applications can provide. On-demand project and portfolio management solutions, like that offered by @task, enable organizations to fully leverage the power of SaaS to meet their business objectives."
@task can manage thousands of users and can also run in a clustered environment for improved scalability and availability. @task's architecture allows organizations to integrate literally any application on any OS platform into the project management environment using @task's application program interface (API). @task supports Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server databases, as well as integration with Apache and IIS. @task also supports Windows 95/98/2000/ME/XP, Linux, Mac OS X and UNIX.