The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards

Go Back   The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards > Extras > Articles & How To's
Articles & How To's If you have written an article or a "how to" and would like to submit it to our database, please post it here. Tip: How to's are best written with supporting photos.

Main Menu

hair styles The Community
hair care Home
prom hair Articles
long hair styles Product Reviews
long hair care Boutique
long hair prom styles Forums
hair styles Memberlist
hair care Chat Room
prom hair styles Calendar
long hair style FAQ
long hair care Contribute!

growing long hair Contact zone
long hair care products Staff
long hair gallery Contact Us
long hair updo Advertising

Archives

User Name:

Password:

Remember Me?
Not a member yet?
Register Now!

Article Tools Display Modes
C-COW-C: a fusion wash method C-COW-C: a fusion wash method
AnaisSatin
February 11th, 2005
C-COW-C (C - CO+W - C, C-"cow"-C, or C--C)
(can be pronounced in any of the above ways)

also known as "Doing the Moo" or "Moo Shampoo" (courtesy of Wavelength)

This fusion method is basically a combination CO, CWC, and Dilution-a-la-Dave (diluting shampoo in plain water). The grease goes away, but the moisture can stay!

The method begins with the basic CWC, but it is modified by the addition of conditioner to your shampoo. Cutting shampoo this way added moisture and you get the best of both worlds (the CO and the CWC), since oftentimes people can only go one way or the other. C-COW-C is a middle ground.

This method works best for the following kinds of people:
Those who itch from CO but would like a gentler method of cleansing anyway
Those who get too greasy from CO and have a difficult adjustment period - [may help] Those with dry scalp, but who still have dead skin buildup that can be removed only by a detergent (???).

You will need the same stuff you'd use for a CWC:
- The same C-onditioner you'd normally use for CO or CWC (e.g. any of the V05 regulars, any Suave Naturals, White Rain)
- your regular shampoo (W-ash)
- a plastic squeeze bottle, ~24 oz or less
- seamless rake comb, if you use one
- your favorite final C-onditioner

(1) The first C: Wet scalp and entire length. Work the light conditioner into your ends or into the "bottom half" of your hair.
(2) Make your COW cocktail: In a squeezie bottle, add 1 dose (a dose is your regular amount of shampoo) of shampoo and 1-2 heaping tbsp of the same light conditioner. Add 8-14 oz of water and shake well. This isn't scientific by any means. Some people could end up preferring less water, if they use less shampoo. As long as you end up with a nice cappuccino froth. Just today (02/16/2005) I made two separate COW cocktails, each one being about 6 oz. Each cocktail contained 1 tsp of C and a nickel-sized dollop of shampoo.
(3) Apply your COW cocktail: Squeeze contents onto wet scalp, massaging the scalp lightly as you would with a CO wash. Finger comb only in this step, even though there is conditioner involved.
(4) Rinse very VERY well.
(5) Apply your regular conditioner normally; generally from the ears down. Comb, rinse, etc.. as usual.

With this method, I get a "clean" feeling that still has the bounce of CO or CWC. This method does differ from CWC in practice, since the shampoo is made more gentle by the addition of light conditioner.

There hasn't been enough documentation of this method. If anyone has anything to add, I'll be happy to edit this entry.

Hugs and blessings,
Anais

Edited 02/16/2005 to change "12-14 oz water" to "anywhere from 8-14 oz" because this really isn't very scientific. and to add more instruction in that step.  
Meg_Evenstar on February 11th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Re: C-COW-C: a fusion wash method

This sounds like something I could do. I'll give it a try.

Meg
Irishred on February 11th, 2005, 01:44 PM

Anais,

TY for your thorough explaination. I will DEFINITLY be givine this a try my next wash. I was an avid COer until this winter and I got the flakies really bad. I really do not like shampoo because it leaves my hair icky so I have to use extra Conditioner in the final step (UGH!). This C-COW-C method may just work for me.

Now, how do we use up the ketchup before I need to wash again, hmmmm....

IR
allthatkaz on February 11th, 2005, 04:14 PM

Sounds like a plan, I'm game!
Carolyn on February 11th, 2005, 04:33 PM

Hmmmmmm great idea! CO all the time doesn't get my scalp clean enough. I need shampoo at least once or twice a week. I'll be trying it.
Sapphire'sWings on February 11th, 2005, 05:05 PM

This sounds like something that could help with my problems I've been posting in my journal!I would do COW-C for myself though.I might modify a little for my needs,but it does seem like the solution to my problem!I need clean hair,but I can't stand dry hair either.

Sapphire'sWings on February 12th, 2005, 12:15 PM

Check out my latest journal entry!

COW worked!Thanks a lot!Now I have something to stick with!
AnaisSatin on February 12th, 2005, 02:05 PM

Hooray for Cows! Happy to hear it worked well for you, Sapphire

Hugs and blessings
Anais
psychosister on February 12th, 2005, 03:58 PM

I'll be trying this as well. Probably tomorrow. I will let you know how it turns out.
enna on February 13th, 2005, 06:59 AM

The ketchup bottle just helps, right? If I have a convenient empty squeezable ex-poo or ex-conditioner bottle, that would work fine too, right?
Joanne_232 on February 13th, 2005, 09:58 AM

Thanks AnaisSatin,

I have been doing a lot of mixing and experimenting lately. I had been using a tupperware bowl but I like the idea of using a ketchup bottle . I wonder what my husband will think when he sees it in the bathroom .
Jentle on February 13th, 2005, 10:28 AM

Hmmm... This sounds like a great idea. And I really like the name too.
AnaisSatin on February 13th, 2005, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enna
The ketchup bottle just helps, right? If I have a convenient empty squeezable ex-poo or ex-conditioner bottle, that would work fine too, right?
Yup... any squeeze bottle I'll go fix that.
Thanks folks!

Anais
poetryofacherry on February 14th, 2005, 04:38 AM

thanks for that!! i'll have to try it out...CO didnt leave my scalp with that clean feeling and shampoo was much too drying
LindaE on February 16th, 2005, 05:02 AM

I am definately going to try this! It's a great idea!

Thank you!!

Linda

Article Tools