AUSTSWIM is the Australian Council for the Teaching of Swimming
and Water Safety. It has a Branch in each state and territory of
Australia. AUSTSWIM is a non-profit organisation.
The AUSTSWIM Council comprises an independent Chairperson, a member
from each Branch and a representative from the following organisations:
Click here to view AUSTSWIM Annual Report 2004/2005
to view AUSTSWIM Annual Report 2003/2004
here to view Strategic Plan (1.7MB pdf)
At AUSTSWIM we strive to:
- demonstrate the highest ethical and professional standards in
our dealings with customers;
- create an environment which promotes the value of learning and
- acknowledge our staff as a fundamental and important resource
necessary to the sustainability of the organisation;
- provide and add value to our customers through their learning;
- nurture a culture of being approachable, informal, supportive,
flexible and open;
- be mindful of our history and build on past experience and the
philosophies of AUSTSWIM;
- equity in access to the delivery of our service.
AUSTSWIMs mission is to provide leadership in the design,
development, marketing and delivery of comprehensive, high-quality
courses, programs and resources for the training of teachers of
swimming and water safety.
AUSTSWIMs vision is to set the highest national standards
for teachers of swimming and water safety.
AUSTSWIM has established strategic partnerships with a representative
on the following committees:
- Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association
Learn to Swim Committee
- Australian Water Safety Council
- Community Recreation Council of Australia
- Standards Australia Committee on flotation aids for water
familiarisation and swimming tuition
- World Aquatic Babies Congress.
AUSTSWIM also has established alliances with organisations in New
Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, South Africa, the United Kingdom
and the United States of America.