Growing a Christ-centered tradition.
In 1911 Father Francis Kowalski became the new Pastor of
St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church in Ennis, Texas.
The following year Father Francis founded an elementary school with 70
students. St. John School was on its way to a growing future, serving
educational needs of Ellis County and surrounding area.
As St. John continued to grow and flourish, additional classroom
space and facilities were needed. In 1928 enrollment increased to 150 students,
and the school buildings were renovated.
Soon, many parents recognized the need for their children to receive
solid, value-oriented education and preparation for advanced education
beyond the elementary years. In 1939 the first high school classes were
offered at St. John. Full accreditation was achieved in 1942, and in
May of that year St. John graduated its first high school class.
St. John has continued to thrive, always offering the growing student
body a full range of courses, training, extracurricular activities, and
athletics needed for success throughout life. Ninety-five percent of
graduating seniors pursue higher education.
Today, St. John enrolls over 300 students in a pre-school Parish
Program and K through the 12th grades. St. John has developed into a
regional educational facility, drawing students from all parts of Ellis
County, Navarro County and southern Dallas County.
Join Our Growing Family