To create an animation one must first prepare the default pose.
Second Life only accepts animations saved from Poser in
BioVision Hierarchy (bvh) format, created using a Poser 2
Only a Poser 2 model will work!
Additionally, Second Life deletes the first frame of an animation,
using it as a "normalizing frame" to orient the remaining animation.
To begin, one must load a Poser 2 model and make the first frame a
default stance, as follows:
- Open the Libraries window by choosing
- In the Libraries window, select a Poser 2 model by selecting
- Set the total number of frames in the frame navigator at the
bottom of the screen to 3. The frame navigator should now read
1 of 3 as seen below.
- Save this first frame as a key frame by clicking the "+"
button in the key-frame navigator in the lower right corner of
the Poser window as seen below.
There will be more on key frames later.
- Move to frame 2 by dragging the slider in the frame navigator.
Save the second frame as a key frame by clicking the "+" button.
Frame 2 is where your animation will begin.
If you have difficulties or want to get right to making an animation,
download this Poser
This will be the starting point of every animation you will make.