Evolution experiments with digital organisms
Elena, S. F., C. O. Wilke, C. Ofria, and R. E. Lenski. Effects of population size and mutation rate on the evolution of mutational robustness. Evolution, in press.
- Ostrowski, E. A., C. Ofria, and R. E. Lenski. 2007. Ecological specialization and adaptive decay in digital organisms. American Naturalist 169:E1-E20. (Abstract)
- Misevic, D., C. Ofria, R. E. Lenski. 2006. Sexual reproduction reshapes the genetic architecture of digital organisms. Proceedings of the Royal Society, London B 273:457-464. (Link to PDF)
- Misevic, D., R. E. Lenski, and C. Ofria. 2004. Sexual reproduction and Muller’s ratchet in digital organisms. Pp. 340-345 in J. Pollack, M. Bedau, P. Husbands, T. Ikegami, and R. A. Watson, eds. Artificial Life IX: Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on the Simulation and Synthesis of Living Systems. MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts. (Acrobat file)
- Lenski, R. E. 2004. The future of evolutionary biology. Ludus Vitalis (special issue honoring Ernst Mayr on his 100th birthday) 12:67-89. (Acrobat file)
- Chow, S. S., C. O. Wilke, C. Ofria, R. E. Lenski, and C. Adami. 2004. Adaptive radiation from resource competition in digital organisms. Science 305:84-86. (Science)
- Lenski, R. E., C. Ofria, R. T. Pennock, and C. Adami. 2003. The evolutionary origin of complex features. Nature 423:139-144. (Nature) (Acrobat file)
- Lenski, R. E. 2001. Twice as natural (Concepts). Nature 414:255. (Acrobat file)
- Wilke, C. O, J. Wang, C. Ofria, R. E. Lenski, and C. Adami. 2001. Evolution of digital organisms at high mutation rate leads to survival of the flattest. Nature 412:331-333. (Abstract) (Acrobat file)
- Lenski, R. E., C. Ofria, T. C. Collier, and C. Adami. 1999. Genome complexity, robustness, and genetic interactions in digital organisms. Nature 400:661-664. (Link) (Acrobat file)
- Lenski, R. E. 1998. Get A Life (Book Review). Science 280:849-850.