Lothian MP votes for a name change
EAST Lothian MP Anne Picking has returned to her maiden name of Moffat.
She stood in May’s election under her married name so as not to confuse voters.
But now she is safely back in parliament she has decided to return to the maiden name of her family, who were well known in the Lothians. She divorced two years ago.
The 47-year-old told the Evening News: "I’ve always considered myself to be a Moffat and now seems a good time to go back to the family name.
This article: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=715882005
Last updated: 29-Jun-05 11:34 GMT
- Eyes on the skies as probe flies to comet
- 100 landlords sign up for code of standards
- Experts put victims' case to rights at conference
- HIV on agenda as top surgeons gather in city
- Police's burning desire to help Special Olympics
- Nurseries are just top class say inspectors
- New role for schools chief
- Man killed in head-on crash
- Lothian MP votes for a name change
- Pupils on write lines to raise cash for school
- Author books in for lecture
- New chairman of Feta named
- Film screening to raise funds for orphanage
- Cargo carries off top prize in UK bar search
- Bookings take off
- Travellers site plan