Voodoo Beta2 ISO release
after one month heavy hacking during the evenings/weekends on archboot.
0.8 Beta2 Isos are available for i686 and x86_64.
This time only isolinux is used to avoid non booting cd media.
- switched to kernel 188.8.131.52
- to boot the ISO 96 MB RAM are recommended, it breaks somewhere between 80 - 90 MB RAM.
(calculated like this: kernel image + initrd size + decompressed initrd)
- fixed many other small things i cannot remember ;)
The 0.8 Isos now run like any installed arch system,
here are the highlights:
* pacman is included to allow installation of any other needed package
in install environment.
* complete /etc/rc.d/ and /etc/rc.conf support
* complete arch network support, including ssh,telnet and portmap services
* custom config files support:
any media with /config directory and files will be copied to /etc/
* loading packages as addons during boot:
any media with /packages directory including pacman packages will be
installed during bootup.
* links and naim included to be able to communicate over the internet.
* complete kexec support
* updated doku to 0.8
ISOs are on the way to the mirrors so please be patient until they are synced.
everything mentioned here should be fixed:
Forum feedback thread is here:
please test those Isos well and try to break them, we are stepping forward to
rc candidates soon :)
Again to clarify Beta2 doesn't mean Arch 0.8 is in beta2 stage, the install
environment is meant with beta2.
Have fun and thanks for testing.