MOHAMED JAMIL AHMED MULLA
01/1425H – 03/2004G
IN THE NAME OF GOD, MOST GRACIOUS, MOST MERCIFUL
Name: Mohamed Jamil Ahmed Mulla
Date of birth: 1/7/1366H (12 December 1946G)
Place of birth: Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Marital Status: Married with (6)children
Address: P.O. Box 6858 Riyadh 11452 Foreign Languages: English Language
Master of Science in Telecommunications, University of Colorado, Boulder City, Colorado, USA 1399H (1979G).
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, 1392H (1972G).
Name of the Course / Program
||Executive Management Program Telecommunications Executive Management Canadian Institute (TEMIC), Canada.|
||Seminar on the Transfer from Analog to Digital Communications, Baghdad, Iraq Supervised by Arab Telecommunications Union.|
||Special Course on Microprocessors and their Applications, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.|
||Special Course on Theory and Techniques of Telecommunications, King Fahad University for Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.|
||Senior Management Program, Bell Canada Co. - Toronto - Canada.|
||Seminar on Basic Tariff for the Middle East, Malta. Supervised by International Telecommunications Union.|
||Training Course on Organization and Technical Management, Bell Canada Co. – Canada.|
||Special Course on Electronics and Electrical Engineering, University of Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.|
||Transmission Techniques of Analog Co-axial Line Systems Program, International Training Center, Ericsson Co., Stockholm, Sweden.|
||Training Course for six months on Transmission Techniques of Co-axial Line Systems, with emphasis on the Saudi Arabian Back-bone Telecommunications Systems, Sirti Co., Milano, Italy.|
4.Career Summary :-
- Minister of Communications and Information Technology
- Governor, Saudi Communications Commission
- Deputy Minister of Post, Telegraph and Telephone for Engineering Affairs
- Assistant Deputy Minister of Post, Telegraph and Telephone for Operation and Maintenance Affairs
- General Manager, Central Region for Telecommunications
- Manager, Riyadh District for Telecommunications
- Electrical Engineer, Ministry of Post, Telegraph and Telephone
- Radio Engineer, Ministry of Post, Telegraph and Telephone, 1392H- 1972G
5.International and Regional Activities:-
Represented the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Ministry of Post, Telegraph and Telephone) in many International and Regional meetings as follows:-
First:- Arab Telecommunications Union:-
- Administrative Council Conferences of Arab Telecommunications Union.
- General Assembly of Arab Telecommunications Union
- Executive Conference Arab Telecommunications Union
Second:- International Telecommunications Union
- ITU Administrative Council Conferences, Geneva, 1988
- ITU Plenipotentiary Conference, Nairobi, 1982
- Head of the Kingdom Delegation, World Administrative Conference on the Use of Geostationary Satellite Orbit and Planning of Space Services (WARC ORB 1988), Geneva, 1988
- Head of the Kingdom Delegation, ITU Plenipotentiary Conference, 1994, Kyoto, Japan
- Head of the Kingdom Delegation, World Radio Conference, 1995, Geneva
- Head of the Kingdom Delegation, World Telecommunications Policy Forum (WTPF), 1996, Geneva
- Head of the Kingdom Delegation, World Radio Conference, 1997, Geneva
- Head of the Kingdom Delegation, ITU Plenipotentiary Conference, 1998, USA
- Head of the Kingdom Delegation, World Radio Conference, 2000, Istanbul.
- Head of the Kingdom Delegation, ITU Plenipotentiary Conference, 2002, Marrakesh.
Third:- Arab Satellite Communications Organization (ARABSAT)
- Chairman of the Board, from October 1993 to November 1995.
Fourth:- International Satellite Communications Organization (INTELSAT)
- Participated since 1983 in INTELSAT Board of Governors meetings, as Acting Governor and as Governor since 1986. Head of the Kingdom Delegation (Ministry of Post, Telegraph and Telephone), Assembly of Parties Meetings and Meetings of Signatories since then.
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors, from 6/1990 to 6/1991
- Chairman of the Board of Governors, from 6/1991 to 6/1992.
Fifth:- Other Activities:-
- Represented the Minister in the First Meeting for ministers of Telecommunications, Islamic Conference Organization, Turkey.
- Head of Delegation (on behalf of the Minister), Arab Telecommunications Ministerial Meetings, Cairo.
- Delegate, World Economic Forum (Information Summit), Davos, Switzerland, 1987.
- Delegate, GCC Ministry of Post, Telegraph and Telephone Conferences.
- Delegate, Symposium on Scientific Research from Trial to Application, King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, 1406H- 1986.
- Head of the Kingdom Delegation (Ministry of Post, Telegraph and Telephone), Telecommunications Experts Committee of the Islamic Conference Organization, Kuala lumber, 1981.
- Representing Telecommunications Sector within the Kingdom effort effectiveness to join the World Trade Organization.
- Participating Member, various National Committees of different sectors at all levels.
No Ratings Yet!