to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Mario and Sonic interview

Your comments on our articles.

Interview: CVG, Sega and Nintendo discuss

Sonic and Mario in a game together is a big deal. After more than 20 years of rivalry, the two mascots have joined forces in the Sega-developed Mario and Sonic in the Olympic Games.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby knucklix » 29 Mar 2007, 17:48

April 1st isn't for another two days.
knucklix 56

Postby eddiehitler » 29 Mar 2007, 17:50

Well, i'm sold on it already if Miyamoto is involved as he's a byword for quality!
eddiehitler 50

Postby boskersrevenge » 29 Mar 2007, 18:07

Bull bull bull!

CVG... I feel raped! I bloody well read that!

If this comes out as a real game I'll drink from the furry cup!
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
boskersrevenge 70

Xbox Live: Boskerville
PSN ID: Boskerville
Wii Code: 3DS 5455-9459-3634
Steam: Boskerville

Postby Silver_Sun » 29 Mar 2007, 18:24

I can't believe everyone is having such a hard time in believing this is read. I am so excited about this game (as I have already said) and I can't wait to get it for Christmas.

I swear, all you nay-sayers are going to have egg on your face come Sunday afternoon. Or Monday morning, depending upon when CVG update their site.

I didn't even think of the April Fool's thing until I started reading comments. The internet has made us so cynical. Just once, why can't you believe???!!!!

Ok, rant over! :-)
Silver_Sun 21

Postby DiddyKong_Jr » 29 Mar 2007, 20:39

We're cynical as a generation. It's a mood thing.

Next generation will descend into further pessimism, before socety eventually caves in on itself.

Or something...
Wrathy: I like it Hawaiian
this is where I twit, this is where I tumbl
DiddyKong_Jr 69

Xbox Live: Diddy40
PSN ID: Diddy40

Postby Knight » 29 Mar 2007, 20:51

*SOUND OF ALARM*

Ladies and geeks, if this is an April Fools, then it hasn't been started by CVG. There's an article on Nintendo of Europe's website:

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/G ... eT6p2Ej_3T

I'm really worried that this game may come to light. I'd love to see a Mario vs Sonic game, but the Olympics?!?!

I want Sonic and Knuckles in Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
Knight 55

Postby Machetazo » 29 Mar 2007, 21:04

There have been rumours about Sonic possibly appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii...?

:evil: (if you had a thunder and lightning smilie, I'd be using it right about now, CVG.) Let the gamers have the above, as their reality. The kids can enjoy the sugar-coated Olympic mush. "Come on kids, exercising's fun...Just watch Sonic!" :roll: This smacks of Darth Vader as the crossing guard.

Sonic ought to be in Smash Bros. Brawl more than freaking Snake, I know that for sure. There's already Samus and Fox for projectile attacks, and Sheik could always gain a short blade. To cover melee.
Machetazo 45

Postby __SpUtNiK__ » 30 Mar 2007, 07:39

Its a joke....it must be.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl would be great, Mario Vs Sonic debate solved with some quick button mashing. But the Olympics?, it wont work. Its going to have to be an outstanding game to pull this off.
PSN: Klickkilla
GT: Ridep

PC:Nowt...
360:Nowt...
PS3:Final Fantasy 13
Wii:Phoenix Wright:Justice for all.
__SpUtNiK__ 60

Postby themwdr » 30 Mar 2007, 11:28

If its a joke then its kida cool, if its not then its kinda cool to.

Could possibly be a good game but I will wait an see till April 1st has been and gone.
themwdr 42

Postby CVG Mike » 30 Mar 2007, 12:04

Let me assure you all right now that this is NOT a joke...

AND, as has been pointed out, it's not April yet. :lol:
CVG Mike 56

Postby Knight » 30 Mar 2007, 13:29

What do you think of the game Mike? :(
Knight 55

Postby Dajmin » 30 Mar 2007, 16:12

And it's confirmed on Nintendo's site too. So if it's a hoax, it's a big one :)

However, it does seem a little silly to finally bring the two characters together in such a non-event of a game. Smash Bros would've been a much better introduction for them.

I do think that Mario/Sonic hype aside, this game is doomed to be a bit of a non-event, despite it being 23 years since Daley Thompson's Decathlon :)
Xfire | Xbox Live | PSN: Dajmin
DAJMIN.COM - The Rock Star Gamer
Dajmin 63

Xbox Live: Dajmin
PSN ID: Dajmin
Steam: Dajmin
xFire: Dajmin

Postby Silver_Sun » 30 Mar 2007, 19:05

Dajmin wrote:...this game is doomed to be a bit of a non-event...

What do you mean "a non-event"? If this was your standard button mashing game then perhaps I would agree, but this is going to be on the DS and the Wii. Touch Screens and Motion Sensors!

Take out Sonic and Mario for a second, and I think that Sega or Nintendo would do a fantastic Olympics game. Hedgehogs and dinosaurs aside, I hope the game stays fairly realistic - and with the official license I would expect it will. Just as long as the 100 metre dash isn't interspersed with a Collect the Rings/Coins mode then I'll be happy!

Why do I seem to be the only person excited about this?
Silver_Sun 21

So, it has Mario, and Sonic, but...A US interview.

Postby Machetazo » 31 Mar 2007, 09:45

What's this actually about?
I feel that this interview with Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan and a SEGA rep who isn't quite as well known :P from Newsweek about Mario and Sonic@ the Olymics, actually provides a far broader impression of what they're shooting for with the game itself, for any parties that might find it of interest.

Strangely enough, having read that, this now doesn't seem like such utter rubbish/nonsense. :wink:
Machetazo 45