If the bootloader does not load rockbox properly have a look at the return code.
The error codes of the bootloader are:
- 0: "OK"
- -1: "File not found"
- check if OF.bin is located in the SYSTEM folder (see SansaE200Install)
- check if "rockbox.e200" is located in the root directory of the Sansa (see SansaE200Install)
- -2: "Read failed (chksum)"
- -3: "Read failed (model)"
- -4: "Read failed (image)"
- -5: "Bad checksum"
- -6: "File too big"
Recovery mode of the Sansa e200
Recovery mode can be used to replace a bad .mi4 image on the player.
Accessing the recovery mode
You will find a 16MB USB drive now, this is the recovery partition.
- Power off
- Turn ON lock/hold
- Hold down record
- Insert USB cable
A word of caution
You have been warned.
- Only copy .mi4 files to the recovery partition.
- Do not format this 16MB drive
- Do not copy anything except one .mi4 file to the recovery partition. This might turn your shiny toy into a paperweight!
- Do not copy .rom files to that partition unless you know exactly what you are doing. Again: You might brick your player!
- Do not try anything else unless you have to. Again: You might brick your player!
Unbricking a Sansa
If the sansa hangs and normal power-off does not work, press the power/menu button for about 15 seconds to turn the unit off.
Unable to decrypt the .mi4 file
Did you use mi4code 0.9.30? That's the only one that knows of the keys for the 1.03 version out-of-the-box.
Copyright © 1999-2006 by the contributing authors.