Florida Hospital As A Seven-Campus System
For nearly 100 years, Florida Hospital has been providing care to the Central Florida community. The mission of Florida Hospital is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ through a commitment to the physical, mental and spiritual well being of patients, employees and friends. With seven hospitals and 14 Centra Care walk-in medical centers, Florida Hospital is one of the largest hospital systems in the country, caring for almost one million patients every year.
FLORIDA HOSPITAL FACTS:
- ONE OF THE LARGEST HOSPITALS IN AMERICA. Ranked first in the country for number of inpatient admissions by the American Hospital Association - caring for almost 1 million patients a year.
- AMERICA’S HEART HOSPITAL. Named America’s Heart Hospital by MSNBC. Perform nearly 17,000 complex cardiac procedures each year. The first hospital in the state to be recognized as an Accredited Chest Pain Center by The Society of Chest Pain Centers and Providers. (2003)
- HOSPITAL OF THE FUTURE. The Wall Street Journal named Florida Hospital the “Hospital of the Future”. (1999)
- ONE OF AMERICA’S BEST HOSPITALS. Recognized five years in a row (1999-2003) by U.S. News & World Report as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” for clinical specialties including:
- MEDICARE LEADER. Largest provider of Medicare services in the nation.
- HOSPITAL OF THE 21ST CENTURY. Florida Hospital Celebration Health awarded Premier Patient Services Innovator Award as “The Model for Healthcare Delivery in the 21st Century”.
- TOP BIRTHING CENTER. Fit Pregnancy magazine named Florida Hospital one of the “Top 10 Best Places in the Country to have a Baby”. (2002)
- TOP REPLACEMENT CENTER. The AARP’s Modern Maturity magazine named Florida Hospital on of the “Top 10 Hospitals for Knee and Hip Replacements”. (2001)
- TOP WOMEN’S CENTER. Self magazine named Florida Hospital one of America's “Top 10 Hospitals for Women”. (1997)
- TOP ORTHOPEDIC CENTER. Orthopedic Network News ranked the Florida Hospital Orthopedics program 6th in the country for hip and knee replacement procedures. (2001)
- TOP CARDIAC CENTER. Modern Healthcare magazine named Florida Hospital one of the “Top 100 Hospitals for Cardiac Care”. (2002)
- QUALITY LEADER AWARD. The National Research Corporation awarded Florida Hospital the “Quality Leader Award”. (1996-1999)
- CONSUMER CHOICE AWARD WINNER. Florida Hospital has received the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation every year from 1996 to the present.
- LEADING FAMILY PRACTICE RESIDENCY PROGRAM. Largest family practice residency program in the state of Florida.
- TOP CANCER PROGRAM. The Florida Hospital Cancer Institute is the largest, most comprehensive cancer program in the state of Florida and treats more cancer patients than any other program in Florida.
Florida Hospital. The Skill to Heal. The Spirit to Care.
Florida Hospital and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida
Adventist Health System’s Florida Hospital Division and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida (BCBSF) have reached a new two-year agreement that will expand their current contract to include the BlueOptions (NetworkBlue) and BlueCare (HMO) plans at Florida Hospital’s 17 hospitals, 16 Centra Care Urgent Care Centers and other ancillary providers in the 9-county central Florida region.
Florida Hospital Named Orlando’s Most Preferred Hospital
For the 11th consecutive year, the National Research Corporation has named Florida Hospital as one of the nation's top hospitals in its list of 2006-07 Consumer Choice Award winners.
Florida Hospital, University of Central Florida Announce New Era of Lifestyle Medicine
Recognizing the dramatic impact of lifestyle medicine on health, UCF and Florida Hospital have formed a strategic alliance to advance research and model best practices in the emerging field of lifestyle medicine.
Florida Hospital Receives Prestigious Teaching Hospital Designation
The Administrative Board of the Council of Teaching Hospitals and Health Systems (COTH) unanimously endorsed Florida Hospital for full COTH membership, distinguishing it as one of the nation’s teaching hospitals.
You’ve Got Mail!
Florida Hospital’s Health-e Sends Personalized Health Information To Your Inbox
Three Florida Hospital Campuses Receive Prestigious Quality Award
Premier Award for Quality recognizes high-quality care and operational efficiency
Florida Hospital Recognizes Excellence in Nursing
Florida Hospital celebrated our outstanding nurses at the annual Florida Hospital Nursing Awards Luncheon at the Buena Vista Palace in Lake Buena Vista.
Florida Hospital is Calling All Health Heroes
Contest honors women who live full lives in spite of illness.
Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences
Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences (FHCHS) commemorated the past and celebrated the future in a special ceremony.
Central Florida Is Shrinking
Florida Hospital Reveals Results of SuperFit Family Challenge and Announces Major Central Florida Theme Park is Joining the Effort
"Blast From the Past" Sends Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences Into the Future
Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences (FHCHS) is getting ready to commemorate the past with a "blast" and celebrate the future!
Florida Hospital President Lars Houmann Names New Executive Team
With the election of Don Jernigan to President and Chief Executive Officer of Adventist Health System, and the appointment of Lars Houmann to President and Chief Executive Officer of Florida Hospital, Florida Hospital is now appointing three key executives.
Florida Hospital President Don Jernigan Named Adventist Health System President/CEO
Donald L. Jernigan, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Florida Hospital, was elected today by the Board of Directors of Adventist Health System to serve as President and Chief Executive Officer of Adventist Health System.
More than 200 Families Team Up to Take on the Battle of the Bulge
Florida Hospital Super Fit Family Challenge Tips Off with Giant Pep Rally
Disabled Dachshund Dishes Out Therapy to Florida Hospital Patients
Priceless Picture -- tape with B-roll and raw interviews available
Florida Hospital Sounds the Alarm on Childhood Obesity
New Book Aims to Arm Families with Plans for Healthier Lives
For Achy Backs, Relief With CHARITE Artificial Disk
Florida Hospital Offers Revolutionary Artificial Disk Giving Patients a New Way to Treat Low Back Pain
Holiday Story Ideas
More than 1600 patients will be spending their holidays in one of Florida Hospital's seven campuses. Find out how these patients are celebrating the holidays.
Free Pedometers from the Central Florida YMCA and Florida Hospital Centra Care
Florida Hospital Centra Cares are giving away free pedometers and one-week gift certificates to the YMCA
Get Healthy Florida May Gain Guinness Book Recognition
December 3 Event Features Guinness Attempt, Houston Astros to Encourage Youngsters
Florida Hospital Sponsors Crucial Confrontations Seminar
Best-selling author shares steps to resolve conflict and achieve results
Florida Hospital Healthcare Systems Helps Central Floridians Rebuild After Hurricanes
Two Central Floridians lost their homes and everything in it, but thanks to Florida Hospital Healthcare Systems and Pfizer employees they are getting some much needed help.
Anticipating Hurricane Ivan
As Hurricane Ivan churns in the Carribbean, Florida Hospital administration continues to closely monitor the storm.
Florida Hospital Dispatches "Caravan of Hope" to Help Hurricane Victims
Florida Hospital Centra Care mobilized a medical van to provide medical assistance to hurricane victims
Florida Hospital Prepares for Hurricane Charley
Windscreens, sandbags, and walkie talkies are just the beginning of hospital preparation.
BlueCross BlueShield Terminates Contract With More Than 100 Physicians
Thousands of patients will have to find new doctors, or pay much higher out-of-pocket expenses if they carry BlueCross BlueShield insurance
Backpacks for Kids
Florida Hospital nurses, doctors, and employees fill backpacks for needy kids.
"Employee Health Challenge" Urges Florida Hospital Employees To Get Healthy
Just because they work at a hospital doesn't mean they have healthy lifestyles. New program gets them back on the right track.
Florida Hospital Announces Unprecedented Expansion Plans
Expansion will impact all seven Central Florida campuses.