“CALLING ALL PARENTS
OF AWESOME 4TH GRADERS! “
Fox is searching for their new class of 5th Graders! Does your kid have what it takes to be a new cast member? If you are the parent of a smart, funny and outgoing 4th grader (who will be in 5th grade this fall) then we want to hear from you! Please follow these instructions for your child to be considered as a student for the next season of “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?”
1. With the help of your soon to be 5th grader, fill out the attached Student Application, answering all questions to the best of your combined ability. (Use extra paper if necessary.)
2. Sign and date all attached Release Forms.
3. Include a Photo of your 4th grader. The photo should be a close-up and should picture only the student applying (no other family members.) Snapshots are just fine.
4. Include a short Video in which your 4th grader should:
▪ Tell us a little about him/herself
▪ Tell us about or demonstrate some of his/her special skills, talents and/or personality traits
▪ Tell us why he/she be a great student in our class!
▪ Acceptable Formats: DVD or VHS (DV or Mini DV tapes will NOT be accepted)
▪ Length: No longer than three minutes (3:00)
▪ The video MUST feature your 4th grader only. Videos that include any other people will not be accepted.
▪ The video MUST NOT contain any music or singing.
▪ The video MUST NOT contain any artwork, photos, identifiable marks or logos.
▪ The video MUST be taken by the parent/guardian who signs the attached release forms.
5. Please mail your completed application, completed release forms, photo and video to:
ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER?
149 S. Barrington Avenue #503
Los Angeles, CA
Please note: Your photo and video will not be returned.
ONLY STUDENTS WHO WILL BE ENROLLED IN THE 5TH GRADE FOR THE 2007-2008 SCHOOL YEAR WILL BE CONSIDERED. APPLICATIONS FOR STUDENTS NOT IN THE 5TH GRADE IN THE 2007-2008 SCHOOL YEAR WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Thank you and good luck!