Release 6.2 - July 13, 1999
- Updated the addresses of numerous links to images and information
that support the lessons on the Sun and on
solar-terrestrial relations. Many sources have expanded their presentations in the past
year or two so that their URL's have changed.
- Corrected other link addresses.
- New Material
Release 6.1 - March 11, 1999
- In Good Company...
- New and Updated Educational Materials
- General Fixes and Changes
- ...removed our Guest Book - we have no funding to continue its maintenance.
- ...disabled obsolete forms.
- ...updated bio pages for former Webmasters
Doug Potter and
(they're now with other firms) and
the current Webmaster.
Educational Coordinator 1995-97, is now with Bellevue Schools.
remains the Principle Investigator.
- ...re-vamped our Documents and Reports
section, removing obsolete material and replacing our old HTML guide with
Introduction to HTML, by Lorraine Johnson.
Release 6.0 - 30 April 1998
- RSPAC now provides Athena via
anonymous FTP. Our home page has the URL.
Download the entire site if you wish.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science lists Athena
as an approved site on
This site, created jointly with MCI, has an
extensive listing of educational materials on the net and provides a search engine and
access to other educators. See note on our home page.
- Athena is also now in the
StudyWeb listing of educational sites.
These include science and other topics in a useful format. See note on our Weather index page.
- Revised the list of weather resources on the Weather
index page. Michigan State University no longer
provides current and forecast weather. We provide alternative sources of this
information on the index page and where called in the Cartography and Weather Charting lessons.
- Editorial corrections - links, spelling, etc.
Release 5.5 - 5 January 1998
- Learning about Wetlands - activities for
the summer writing workshops; basic information and references for all ages.
- Other minor corrections.
Release 5.4 - 5 December 1997
Adopt-a-City with new fundamental weather information.
Release 5.3 - 24 October 1997
Release 5.2 - 10 October 1997
More material from the Writing Workshops, and a few corrections.
Release 5.1 - 30 September 1997
Further material from the July 1997 Writing Workshops.
- The Goddess Athena - an historical discussion
of Athena and why she and the owl are associated with learning and wisdom.
Illustrated with references.
- Whales and our Oceans - tracking whales,
whale migration and ocean temperature, activities.
- El Niño: warming in the Pacific -
what it is, what it can do.
Release 5.0 - 12 September 1997
First material from July 1997 Writing Workshops.
Release 4.8 - 26 June 1997
- Directory for Teachers - lists all the instructional pieces with their target grade levels and other information. Provides direct links to the Instructional Material and to Teacher Talk where available. The directory is linked from the curriculum and teachers pages.
- Corrections to existing materials.
Release 4.7 - 16 May 1997
Release 4.6 - 21 April 1997
Release 4.55 - 8 April 1997
Release 4.5 - 11 March 1997
- Under Oceans, we have updated files in
Tracking Drifter Buoys:
- Under Weather, we have updated
Storms from Space, to replace many expired links.
- We have also fixed many broken links and other problems reported to
us by helpful and observant users.
Release 4.4 - 27 January 1997
You can also see What Was New in
Mon July 12th 1999