We measure our economic
impact based on the number of employees our companies employ and the
amount of revenue that they generate. Since 1987, ATDC companies have
created nearly 51,000 man-years of employment and have generated
over $12.7B in revenue.
Based on these figures, a recent economic analysis calculated that
ATDC has generated over $100M of profit to the state of Georgia.
Since 1999, ATDC Companies have
raised over ONE BILLION DOLLARS of Venture Capital.
The quality of our companies is validated with the amount of financing they attract. Here are some recent
figures detailing the amount of capital activity, in the form of
investments or acquisitions, that our companies have generated.
ATDC Companies are often attractive acquisition
targets for larger technology companies. Here are some recent
Mergers and Acquisitions involving our companies.
- Radatec by Meggitt (2006)
- Encounter by MyFamily (2006)
- SearchIgnite acquired by 360i (2005)
- DVT acquired by Cognex (2005)
- Synchrologic acquired by Pumatech (2003)
- Magnet Banking acquired by Digital Insight (2003)
- Vascular Genetics merged with GenStar (2003)
- Arizan acquired by RIM (July 2002)
- Future Networks acquired by Tellabs (2001)
- Digital Furnace acquired by by Broadcom (2000)
- Big Science acquired by eGain (2000)
- Media4 acquired by EchoStar (1999)
- RelevantKnowledge merged with MediaMetrix (1998)
- AstraCom acquired by Ciena (1997)
Throughout the years, 30 ATDC companies have been
represented on the public markets via either acquisitions or
Our strong group of companies continue to break the mold
of traditional startups. Most industry statistics show that 4 out
of 5 startup businesses fail. ATDC companies are the opposite.
75% of our companies since 1995 are still in
business or were acquired
ATDC is frequently recognized by international organizations for our incubation best practices and continued success.
- Recognized by BusinessWeek Magazine as one of the top
incubators in the country
- 2004 EDA Excellence in Technology-led Economic Development Award
- Recognized as the model University Incubator - Southern Growth Policies
- One the Nation's Eight Most Admired Nonprofit Business Incubator
- Inc. Magazine 2000
- 1996 Incubator of the Year Award - National Incubation