The Meeting House is the University's interdenominational chaplaincy, designed by Sir Basil Spence.
Over forty years, the University of Sussex has advanced learning and knowledge through its teaching and research, providing academic excellence in an innovative, interdisciplinary and international environment.
As we look to the future, Sussex is re-shaping itself for the 21st century, creating a dynamic and vibrant place for teaching and research. In the past few years:
- we have created new schools and departments, which support our long-established interdisciplinary and subject-specific approaches to teaching and research
- the Brighton and Sussex Medical School opened, the first new medical school in south east England for over forty years, in partnership with the University of Brighton and the Brighton and Sussex Universities NHS Trust
- five major new buildings opened on campus for teaching, research, business and student accommodation, part of a £60m capital programme of investment
- we are investing in a wide range of new academic appointments, across the arts and sciences, building on our strengths and developing new areas of teaching and research
- we successfully launched revised arts and science curricula, attracting record high quality applications, we have enjoyed a 50% rise in undergraduate applications since 2003
- we developed new areas of business engagement, including taught Master's programmes in IT for American Express.
You can read our latest facts and figures booklet here [pdf - 565kb].