ACT Goals & Mission Statement
What is a Thyroidologist
Thyroid Specialist Physicians
Papers & Positions
Join Thyroid Interest Group
The Thyroid Home Page
Dr. H. Jack Baskin - Florida Thyroid Center
Dr. Robert A. Levine's Home Page
Dr. John Parker at Hanover Medical Specialists
Dr. Azizi at Wilmington Endocrinology
Dr. Mark Lupo's Home Page
Dr. Pascal Dauphin's Home Page
Dr. Simone Scumpia's Home Page
Dr. Thomas Blevins Home Page
Dr.Sigfrido Miracle Home Page
Dr. John Abele Home Page
American Thyroid Association
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
Thyroid Foundation of America
The Thyroid Blog
Academy of Clinical Thyroidologists (ACT)
The mission of ACT is to promote communication, collegiality, education and facilitation for physicians who are actively engaged or desire to become engaged in the clinical practice of thyroidology, either as a full time activity or as a major component of their professional career.
- To promote the certification of endocrinologists in diagnostic ultrasound, UG-FNA, and nuclear thyroidology.
- To encourage endocrinologists to develop the skills needed to practice clinical thyroidology exclusively.
- To meet initially 1-2 times annually for a clinically oriented program providing education and new information to ACT members in the field of clinical thyroidology; and, preferentially in conjunction with annual meetings of the American Thyroid Association and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists which represent organizations directly identified with thyroid diseases and clinical practice.
- To foster relationship, liason and supportive role with all endocrine related organizations.
- To encourage our physicians to acquire knowledge in thyroid cytopathology, through workshops for clinical thyroidologists.
- To provide various “hands on” programs for our membership via a preceptorship model where thyroidologists can learn standard or new procedures.
- To provide a members only email network to discuss issues important to their practice and a venue for presentation, consultation and management of unusual or problematic thyroid disorders.
- To promote member clinical thyroidologists through an internet based referral network.
Founded in May 2005, in Washington DC, ACT is a professional society of 32 members from the U.S. and Italy who specialize in clinical thyroidology. ACT is promoting clinical expertise through a single field approach to endocrine practice. Our members practice 50-100% clinical thyroidology. We promote excellence in practice, by recommending our members acquire skills in diagnostic and interventional ultrasound, nuclear thyroidology, and cytopathology as a basic core of activities in order to practice at the highest performance level and achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
President: Richard Guttler MD
H . Jack Baskin MD, Daniel S. Duick MD, Richard Guttler, MD
|This web site Copyrighted 2005 by:
Dr. Richard B. Guttler M.D., F.A.C.E.
The information in this web site is for educational purposes only and is not providing medical or professional advice. It should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional medical care. If you have or suspect you might have any health problems, you should consult a physician.
The Thyroidologists.com page is dedicated to providing thyroid patients and their families with accurate and helpful information about thyroid disease. Check back soon for more updates.
This page last updated on: 8/31/06