About St. Peter’s College

St. Peter’s College is located adjacent to the Village of Muenster, Saskatchewan, a town of 500 people, located 120 kilometres east of Saskatoon.  The College’s annual full time enrolment is limited to 150 students.  St. Peter’s College offers first and second year University of Saskatchewan Arts & Science courses that can be applied to a number of programs ranging from the liberal arts to Commerce and Education.  St. Peter’s College is affiliated with the University of Saskatchewan and is a member of the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities in Canada.

St, Peter’s College was founded in 1921 by the Benedictine monks of St. Peter’s Abbey.  Although the College welcomes students of all faiths, it’s Mission and values are a natural extension of its history and the Benedictine tradition of mentorship.  Though no longer directly administered by St. Peter’s Abbey, the monks are still involved in many aspects of the College, including teaching, campus ministry, residence and representation on the principal governing body of the College, the Board of Governors. 

Members of the Board of Governors are appointed by the Chancellor and the Faculty Association.  Matters of a purely academic nature are determined by Academic Council, which is comprised of the President, the librarian, and representatives appointed by each of the Faculty, the President and the Student Government.  The College student population is represented by the St. Peter’s College Student Government.  They play an important role at the College in offering a variety of services and facilities to students, as well as representing student interests at both the College and University levels.  Student Government is comprised of students elected by the student population.

St. Peter’s College shares its grounds with St. Peter’s Abbey and St. Peter’s Press.  It is situated on 250 acres of mixed forest overlooking Wolverine Creek.  The forested grounds are interspersed with walking and ski trails, a soccer pitch, organic gardens and an orchard.  Three buildings comprise St. Peter’s College.  Built in 1921, and now a provincial heritage building, Michael Hall houses classroom, administrative and recreational space, the cafeteria, and the St. Peter’s College library; the third largest book repository in Saskatchewan.  As well, the Centre for Rural Studies and Enrichment, a research organization dedicated to rural issues, is also located in Michael Hall.  St. Scholastica, the College’s co-ed residence, and the Sports Complex, are both located a short distance from Michael Hall.

 

St. Peter’s College fosters academic excellence, personal enrichment and social responsibility animated by our Catholic Benedictine tradition.

St. Peter’s College
Mission Statement