Go Back   TOKYOPOP Message Board > TOKYOPOP > Ask the Editors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
fullmoon27
Otaku in Training

Send a message via Skype™ to fullmoon27
Default Manga from Ribon magazine?

I've been wanting to ask this question forever!
Is there any plans to translate any manga from the Japanese magazine, "Ribon"(published by Shueisha)? I love all the manga, but the only current one that's being translated, that I know of, is The Gentleman's Alliance Cross (One of my faves!) I would really like to see Tokyopop publish a few of the mangas serialized in there, in english, just so that I can understand the story a bit better. The one I want the most is "Animal Yokocho" or maybe even "Tarantaranta".

~*Searching For A Full Moon*~

Last edited by peterahlstrom : 04-12-2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Separated to its own thread
fullmoon27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
peterahlstrom
TOKYOPOP Moderator

Default Re: When does the next Tokyopop Magazine come out?

Unfortunately for us, Shueisha is one of the owners of VIZ, so VIZ gets almost all of the Shueisha manga. We published Kodocha and Marmalade Boy, but they didn't even let us renew those licenses and don't want to give us anything else anymore. Your best bet is to ask VIZ.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
fullmoon27
Otaku in Training

Darn... I know about Kodocha. I LOVE that! It's so funny. Ummm... WHy'd they publish it as "Kodocha" and not "Kodomo No Omocha"? I think the origional Longer title is easier to understand, because I can figure out what it means... I know VIZ publishes alot of Shueisha's manga, because I get Shojo Beat every month, and I order alot of their manga, only because I'm an avid Arina Tanemura fan. I wish they'd publish it in Tokyopop... it would be nicer. Have you ever read any of Tanemura-Sensei's manga? It makes me cry at the ends, it's so touching. FullMoon Wo Sagashite made me cry, at least the Anime did. I haven't read the entire manga series. Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne is also a good one. Some parts made me want to punch the characters for their actions and words...

Even the second FullMoon Music/Drama Cd made me cry.. even though I don't understand most of what they're saying.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
peterahlstrom
TOKYOPOP Moderator

Default Re: Manga from Ribon magazine?

I haven't read all of the Full Moon manga yet, but I loved the anime. (I was really afraid it would have a bad ending though so didn't watch the last 5 or so episodes for months. I thought the ending was great though.)
Old 04-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
animedudde
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterahlstrom
Unfortunately for us, Shueisha is one of the owners of VIZ, so VIZ gets almost all of the Shueisha manga. We published Kodocha and Marmalade Boy, but they didn't even let us renew those licenses and don't want to give us anything else anymore. Your best bet is to ask VIZ.

Ugh that sucks, i think Marmalade Boy had an awesome translation, and more people would definetly buy it if it got renewed. I bought it last minute on eBay when I heard it was about to expire. Since we're talking about licensing here too I thought I'd ask, i know you've probably answered this before but I forget why, but is there a reason Sailor Moon wasn't renewed?
animedudde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
fullmoon27
Otaku in Training

Has anybody read Animal Yokocho? It's in Japanese, but it's adorable. The anime always makes me laugh, even when I'm mad at the world.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #7
peterahlstrom
TOKYOPOP Moderator

Animedudde, you were one of the participants in this thread.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
eternalswan
Otaku in Training

Yeah, why wasn't Sailor Moon renewed? It should be!><
eternalswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #9
tikifuji
Otaku in Training

Location: under your couch eating the *hot* cheetos you dropped

ive read all of full moon.great manga wonderful artwork.it made me cry i loved the story and the characters so much.the anime was amazing to.the singing in the episodes and the ops and eds were awsome made me want to read and watch the series again and again.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #10
frecklegirl
Casual Otaku

Location: Garland/Sherman, TX (usually); Los Angeles, CA (currently)
Send a message via AIM to frecklegirl

Because Naoko Takeuchi refuses to renew the rights. This goes for ALL companies, worldwide, even in Japan. It would appear she doesn't want it published at all anymore.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote