Login

Not a member yet? Click here to register!
Username:
Password:

CVG NETWORK

CVG
Games Radar
Edge Online
PC Zone Magazine
PSM3 Magazine
PC Zone Magazine
Xbox World 360 Magazine
NGamer Magazine
PC Gamer Magazine
CheatStation
Forums
Gears of War on PC announcement at E3?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Demoki
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 10:43 am Reply with quote

It would be good to get it in sooner rather than later so its still fresh... rather than mess up the fans with the later than late release of Halo2 on PC.
moby_matt
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 11:15 am Reply with quote

Agreed. Nobody wants a 2 or 3 year old port, eh Microsoft? Wink

Last edited by moby_matt on 7 Jul 07 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Underdose
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 11:16 am Reply with quote

this is great! i don't even need to buy a 360, just wait for all the good games to come to pc!
steviek07
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 11:53 am Reply with quote

Underdose wrote:
this is great! i don't even need to buy a 360, just wait for all the good games to come to pc!

Exactly, then buy a PS3 to play ntil the PC game comes out Wink
I have a headset Cool
Demoki

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 12:11 pm Reply with quote

steviek07 wrote:
Underdose wrote:

PS3? does that have games as well?
mouzer
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Demoki wrote:
steviek07 wrote:
Underdose wrote:

actually ps3 has no Gears of War but however it has PS£ EXCLUSIVES which will never come to PC. Whereas all the Xbox / 360 exclusves' are or will be on PC.
shiwayb
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 1:42 pm Reply with quote

My AlienWare PC and Me are going to love this game...
Asaron
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 1:59 pm Reply with quote

It is one of the very few first/third person shooters that has gameplay which is better suited to a pad though. Not just in the Halo-style bigger cursor/auto-aim/weapon mechanics way either.

Gears is designed to force strategy and positioning, twitch reactions and accuracy barely come into it.

PC players could use a pad, but i think we're more likely to just hear them bicker about the inaccuracy of the guns.

PS That's my opinion of the game, not either platform. I'll be getting UT3 for the PC and Halo 3 for the 360 Smile
Mark240473
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 2:02 pm Reply with quote

mouzer wrote:
Demoki wrote:
steviek07 wrote:
Underdose wrote:

actually ps3 has no Gears of War but however it has PS£ EXCLUSIVES which will never come to PC. Whereas all the Xbox / 360 exclusves' are or will be on PC.

who's to say gow won't come out for ps3? In fact, there is only halo that is sacred. Oh, and any Rare games.
shiwayb

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 2:23 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
mouzer wrote:
Demoki wrote:
steviek07 wrote:
Underdose wrote:

who's to say gow won't come out for ps3? In fact, there is only halo that is sacred. Oh, and any Rare games.

ermm the fact that Microsoft Helped Develop it and the guy himself said hes not intrested in PS3 (when it comes to Gears)....

And i was planning on buying a 360 Wired Pad to play this game on my PC.
ArchieUK

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:

Well it's published by Microsoft, so it's highly unlikely.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 2:33 pm Reply with quote

steviek07 wrote:
Underdose wrote:

LOL
You can buy a 360 for £280 for the top version. You can then play all the games you could ever need without any extra hardware cost, whereas with PC you will need a £1000+ machine just to play games with garphics comparable to 360. The you will also need to constantly need to throw money at your PC in order to play every new 360 port.
In all honestly PC gaming is fading away and MS are just trying to prolong that by giving the PC some 360 ports a few years after they have originally been released. The problem is they are just shoddy ports for games everyone that loves games has already played years before...
ArchieUK

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 2:39 pm Reply with quote

vulcanraven01 wrote:
LOL
You can buy a 360 for £280 for the top version. You can then play all the games you could ever need without any extra hardware cost, whereas with PC you will need a £1000+ machine just to play games with garphics comparable to 360. The you will also need to constantly need to throw money at your PC in order to play every new 360 port.
In all honestly PC gaming is fading away and MS are just trying to prolong that by giving the PC some 360 ports a few years after they have originally been released. The problem is they are just shoddy ports for games everyone that loves games has already played years before...

You're quite misinformed. To match an XBox 360 you most certainly would not have to spend more than £1000, probably about £500, then to get all the XBox 360 ports, you woudn't have to upgrade that. To play the inevitable better graphics PC games, you might need to upgrade.

There are plenty of PC games that don't come out on XBox, the reason Microsoft are releasing GoW so late after original release is to shift more XBoxes first, then shift copies of Windows Vista. If PC gaming is dying, why would Microsoft spend so much money making gaming such an integral part of Vista and create the Games for Windows brand?
Necros
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 3:24 pm Reply with quote

Asaron wrote:
It is one of the very few first/third person shooters that has gameplay which is better suited to a pad though. Not just in the Halo-style bigger cursor/auto-aim/weapon mechanics way either.

Gears is designed to force strategy and positioning, twitch reactions and accuracy barely come into it.

PC players could use a pad, but i think we're more likely to just hear them bicker about the inaccuracy of the guns.

PS That's my opinion of the game, not either platform. I'll be getting UT3 for the PC and Halo 3 for the 360 Smile

You are wrong. Smile It can easily be done for the PC, they've only got to modify the control mechanism a bit and it's gonna be perfect for the PC too. Just think about BioShock, the X360 and the PC versions have very different controls.
Demoki

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 3:51 pm Reply with quote

shiwayb wrote:

Should have gone to www.wired2fire.co.uk great place. Bought a top end 2 and half years ago and still manages to pump out the business today.
AlexRat
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 4:10 pm Reply with quote

shiwayb wrote:
And i was planning on buying a 360 Wired Pad to play this game on my PC.

Screw that. Wireless gaming receiver + wireless 360 controller. Very Happy
__SpUtNiK__

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Is it Vista exclusive?? Shocked
ArchieUK

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 4:58 pm Reply with quote

__SpUtNiK__ wrote:
Is it Vista exclusive?? Shocked

Wouldn't be surprising...

I don't think there's been an official announcement that the game will even be released on PC yet.
Robodonkey
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Why the hell would i want to play some shallow game that relies entirely on extremely impressive graphics and a floating camera to feel fresh? No, i'd much rather go for the next release of Epic's good franchise instead, or perhaps just play one of the million other fantastic PC shooters that have actually had some serious thought put into original gameplay mechanics.

In my opinion Halo 2 would have been just as irrelevant even if it had of gotten a simultaneous release on PC. I mean hell, Halo 2 was slightly outdated for an even for an xbox FPS at the time (even the developers admitted that it wasn't the leap forward that it was supposed to be), so to release it on the PC alongside games like Farcry and Half-Life 2 would have been pointless.

No, if my PC is capable of handling Unreal Engine 3 by then, i'll spending my money on games like Crysis, Bioshock and UT3.
shiwayb

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Demoki wrote:
shiwayb wrote:

Should have gone to www.wired2fire.co.uk great place. Bought a top end 2 and half years ago and still manages to pump out the business today.

yh but it prefer the AlienWare, both Fully Speced out mine cost £500 more so im happy with it.

Only got it like 3 months ago.
bazzatuk

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Robodonkey wrote:
Why the hell would i want to play some shallow game that relies entirely on extremely impressive graphics and a floating camera to feel fresh? No, i'd much rather go for the next release of Epic's good franchise instead, or perhaps just play one of the million other fantastic PC shooters that have actually had some serious thought put into original gameplay mechanics.

In my opinion Halo 2 would have been just as irrelevant even if it had of gotten a simultaneous release on PC. I mean hell, Halo 2 was slightly outdated for an even for an xbox FPS at the time (even the developers admitted that it wasn't the leap forward that it was supposed to be), so to release it on the PC alongside games like Farcry and Half-Life 2 would have been pointless.

No, if my PC is capable of handling Unreal Engine 3 by then, i'll spending my money on games like Crysis, Bioshock and UT3.

Gears of War isnt purely about graphics, its about atmosphere as well. The whole game is a fantastic experience from start to finish and its the only game I have ever bothered, in recent times anyway, to complete several times. The CO-OP mode works amazingly well and its was obviously designed around the 360 pad.

The PS3 will never see Gears of War as Microsoft invested a large amount of money and published the game. That's not to say that Gears of War 2 couldn't be multi-platform? Unless there is some other contract that MS have with Epic Games.. but MS don't own the IP itself.

I can't see it working as well on PC, the combination of Xbox Live and the 360 pad seem perfect. I wouldn't like to play it on mouse personally.
horngreen

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 8:28 pm Reply with quote

PS3 couldn't run Gears of War...Well it could but only at half the frame rate of the 360 version.
Demoki

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 9:03 pm Reply with quote

horngreen wrote:
PS3 couldn't run Gears of War...Well it could but only at half the frame rate of the 360 version.

and in black and white and with 2 d sprites
rabbit0147
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 9:23 pm Reply with quote

Demoki wrote:
horngreen wrote:

And we shall believe ye two people with your infinate knowledge of the PS3's capabilities. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
FlashDeck

PostPosted: 7 Jul 07 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Demoki wrote:
horngreen wrote:

Pfft Jackasses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: