The Commissioner published his Revised Recommendations for the proposed seven new local government districts in Northern Ireland and their constituent wards on 30 March 2007. They vary Provisional Recommendations published by the Commissioner on 7 November 2006.
The Revised Recommendations take account of written and oral representations received during the public consultation period. They are also informed by the conclusions and recommendations in the Reports of the seven Assistant Commissioners who held public hearings in each of the proposed new local government districts during January and February 2007.
The Commissioner's Revised Recommendations Report can be downloaded in full below. The length of time required to download the Report will vary depending on your internet connection.
The Revised Recommendations Report has also been published in a number of smaller sections for ease of access.
- Summary and Introduction (183KB)
- Belfast Local Government District (1.2MB)
- Inner East Local Government District (870KB)
- East Local Government District (1.8MB)
- South Local Government District (476KB)
- West Local Government District (404KB)
- North West Local Government District (808KB)
- North East Local Government District (1.2MB)
- Next Steps and Conclusion (141KB)
- Appendices - List of Written Representations, Statutory Rules & Commissioner's Team (162KB)
A list of street names and postcodes contained within the proposed local government district wards is also available on this site.
Should you require a copy of the text of this document in an alternative format, it can be made available on request in large print, Braille or audiocassette. The Office’s text phone number has been included to assist those with hearing difficulties. The document may also be made available in languages other than English on request. Please contact us to discuss how we can best provide alternatives for you.
Secretary to the Commissioner
Office of the Local Government Boundaries Commissioner
Tel. (028) 9049 4870
Fax. (028) 9049 4889
Text phone. (028) 9054 0642