High Priority Free Software Projects
These projects are important because computer users are continually being seduced into using non-free software, because there is no adequate free replacement. Please support these projects:
- Free software 3D video drivers
- Free BIOS
- Gnash. GPL Flash movie player.
- DotGNU Project. A free software replacement for Microsoft's .NET
- Develop a free compatible client for Google Earth. (The Google Earth client is non-free specifically in order to impose Digital Restrictions Management.) This project requires reverse engineeering, talk with us for advice before you start.
- Xiph.org and free Internet protocols. See the project to-do list for more information about how to contribute.
- Add reversible debugging to GDB. Reversible debugging (the ability to "step backwards" through a program) is an obviously powerful tool. GDB does not support it today, but the foundations have been laid, and the GDB maintainers are looking for contributors interested in expanding those foundations.
If you have a suggestion for a project that should be included on this list, please send your reasoning and the address of the project's home page to <email@example.com>.
Last modified 2007-07-31 12:54 PM