VOTED OFF 07-12-07
1. What is your full name?
My full birth name is Cedric Pernell Gardner Jr., but I just go by Cedric Gardner.
2. Do you have nickname?
I don't really have a nickname but some people call me "Ceddy" or "ced".
3. How old were you when you started to dance?
I started to dance with my mom at the age of seven. We watched old movies that had Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly in them. I started to take dance seriously at the age of nineteen.
4. Do you have any formal dance training? If so, please provide details regarding training.
My first formal training happened at University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, The Peck School of the Arts. I only studied there for two yours, i didn't complete the program because I was young and wanted to pursue my hip hop dance career. After that decision I began to study Hip Hop at Millennium Dance Complex, Edge performing arts center, Monsters of Hip Hop and Dance2xs.
5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc...)
My dance style is
Freestyle, which falls under the umbrella of all dance styles. I think of it as movement inspired by the present emotions that you feel while expressing through dance.
6. What other talents and hobbies do you have?
I play the drums, golf, chess, video games, roller blade, kite flying and I'm currently in love with bowling. :0)
7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
I have lots of dancers that I respect that are my favorites. Napoleon D'umo, Tabitha D'umo, JesseLee Santos, Brian Friedman, Misha Gabriel, Tony Testa, Nick Bass, Gil Duldulao, Shane Sparks, Patrick Chen, Andye Jamieson, Marty Kudelka, Popin Pete, Kevin Maher, Jayson Rhapsody, Shirley Gilbert, Louis Hurd, Danny Kuepper, Sarah Wilbur, Andre Tyson, Simone Ferro, Mia Michaels, Roberto Olvera, Edwin Olvera, Michael Jackson, James Brown, My two all time favorites are Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire.
8. Does anyone in you family dance professionally?
9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
I would like to dance professionally on a larger scale, giving me the chance to express my art to the world.
11. Where would like to be in ten years and what would you like to be doing?
In ten years I see myself owning a dance studio and production company. I also see myself still dancing and learning as well as owning a toy company.
12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
I have had a few memorable experiences, but by far so you think you can dance has been the biggest. I never expected to be in the top twenty and I'm excited to continue and be a sponge or even a slave to as many dance styles as possible. Nothing is impossible through creativity.