The Progressive Bag Alliance is dedicated to ensuring that plastic bags are recycled, reused and disposed of properly.
Making a Difference: Areas of Focus
Founded in 2005, the PBA focuses on a variety of topics to find solutions to community issues related to plastic bag use. Some current areas of focus for the PBA are listed below or are explained in greater detail in our Issues Forum section:
- City Proposals that Could Impact Consumers’ Use of Plastic Bags
- Perceptions Versus Reality about Litter and Waste
- Increasing Recycling Opportunities
- Keeping Litter Off the Streets
- Increasing Bag Reuse
PBA’s members are leading plastic bag manufacturers. They include:
- Advance Polybag, www.apicorp.com.
Established in 1986, Advance Polybag is one of the world's largest
manufacturers of polyethylene bags, with sales offices in Chicago,
Columbus, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and New Orleans. API®
specializes in the design, die-cutting and manufacturing of plastic
retail bags for supermarkets, convenience stores, fast food restaurants
and other retailers nationwide at multiple plants nationwide.
- Inteplast, www.ibsbags.com. Headquartered in Livingston, New Jersey, IBS manufactures a complete line of plastic bags. The manufacturing facilities are located in Lolita, Texas, where the ISO-9002 certified polyethylene bag plant covers over 15 acres. Originally established in 1991 as Inteplast Corporation, the company was designed on a grand scale to competitively produce quality products and provide value to its customers.
- Superbag, www.superbag.com. From its state-of-the-art facilities in Houston, Texas, its strategic location provides easy access to petrochemical-based raw materials, as well as distribution facilities that link the company to the global market. Since its inception in 1988, Superbag has grown to become one of the five largest bag manufacturers in North America.
Board of Directors
PBA is governed by a Board of Directors comprising leading manufacturing companies. The Board includes:
- Isaac Bazbaz, Chairman, PBA
- Bill Seanor, Treasurer, PBA
- Leon Farahnik, Hilex Poly
- Joe Chen, Inteplast
- Hank Nguyen, Advance Polybag
For additional information about the PBA, please contact 1-866-432-0941.