Our school started in 1957 as a Chinese school with only 6 classrooms in an old residential building in Oxley Road. It was then known as Singapore Girls' Vocational High School.

.......................................................................................................................................................

In 1976 the school was re-sited to Toa Payoh East and re-named Pei Dao Secondary School. This new building, costing 4 million dollars, was fully sponsored by private businessmen and organisations.

.......................................................................................................................................................

In 1978, the school took in English stream classes and became co-educational.

.......................................................................................................................................................

In 1986, the school relinquished its aided school status and became a government school.

.......................................................................................................................................................

Pei Dao was renowned for its prowess in volleyball B and C divisions, winning many championships at the local and national level since 1982. It has also won value-added awards for Express or Normal courses in the GCE "O" level examination for the years 1993,1995 and 2000.

.......................................................................................................................................................

Pei Dao Secondary School was re-named Punggol Secondary School when it was relocated to Punggol new town in 2001. However the school retained its Chinese name because of its strong emphasis on character development of pupils. Punggol Secondary School will continue to shine as a beacon of truth and wisdom and will be the model school in Punggol new town.

.......................................................................................................................................................

Principals who have headed the school in chronological order are:

Mdm Wang Yu Ching 1957 - 1969
Mr Ling Ling 1970 - 1978
Mr Lim Chin Chee 1979 - 1983
Mr Wong Tong Hoi 1984 - 1990
Mrs Chee Mei Chun 1991 - 1996
Mr Ow Chiong Hoo 1997 - 2000
Mr Goh Soon Guan 2001 - 2004
Mdm Lee Eet Fong 2005 -
  back to top