Eurosport - Wed, 22 Aug 23:12:00 2007
The Brazil international has been heavily linked with both Real Madrid and Chelsea throughout the summer, and Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido revealed that two recent offers were made for the player.
"In the last few hours, we have rejected two new offers which do not meet our requirements," he told Marca.
The Andalusian outfit are thought to be holding out for a bid of 40 million euros for the player, who has publicly admitted his desire to leave the club.
Alves said earlier this week he was "worried" by the lack of progress being made on any potential Chelsea move, and issued what appeared to be a come-and-get-me plea to Real Madrid.
"The player who says he has not dreamt of playing for Real Madrid is a liar. Any footballer would like to play for the club," he told Marca.
"It is a quite complicated situation. The sooner it is resolved the better."
Sevilla manager Juande Ramos, who claimed he himself was offered a "dizzying" contract to coach Tottenham, admitted he understood Alves' desire to move on.
"I understand his situation perfectly," he explained.
"If any person receives an offer to earn six times more than he is earning at present then no one would reject that. As a professional with a short life and the chance to assure his future, I understand him perfectly."MF / Eurosport