The Queen James Bible receives no funding for it's work.
The Old Testament
- The 10 Commandments - This detailed insight into the origins and impacts of the Ten Commandments helps build a vivid picture of the context of the events preceding and following this affair.
- 18/08/07 - Added Numbers 20 - 21. The Israelites march on, their war machine unstoppable with God at the helm, bringing with him many devastating weapons, including firey snakes. Meanwhile, apart from the battle, upon a hill, a very permanent death is about to occur to one of Number's main players.
- 30/07/07 - Added Numbers 18 - 19. The Lord informs the Israelites of some new laws he apparently only just thought of and some ominous foreshadowing precedes what will soon be the deaths of many important characters.
- 18/07/07 - Added Numbers 16 - 17. In this short update, many people are killed, both followers of God and his enemies. The Lord works in very strange and also quite deadly ways.
- 10/07/07 - Added Ten Commandments appendix. Updated website appearance. What a large amount of changes we have today! The new look will be quite obvious to all but the blindest of people and the new Appendix will be obvious to all but the most illiterate people. Enjoy, Bible fans.
The Queen James Bible story
Queen James was queen for but three weeks of a small
England in the 16th Century. The settlement was called Mansfield. Queen
James was a firm believer in the Bible and set about his own unique
translation of it, into the language the Mansfield people spoke, which
was like English, but backwards and with a double set of vowels.
As historians and Mansfieldians, we set about the translation of the Queen James Bible in English, to spread the word of his vision and to preserve forever this fascinating piece of history.
Last updated 18/08/2007 @ 1239