University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine
The Mission of the College of Naturopathic Medicine, an integral part of the University of Bridgeport, is to train naturopathic physicians who practice medicine in a way that supports the inherent healing wisdom of nature and facilitates health and optimal well being, while preparing them to become leaders in natural healthcare delivery, research, and education.
In support of this mission the College has the following Goals:
- The College will provide an education of the highest standards, with academic and clinical training based on the principles and philosophy of naturopathic medicine, leading to the degree of Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine.
- The College will encourage and support the development of its students to become competent, compassionate, and successful naturopathic physicians who engage in collaboration with other healthcare practitioners to fully address the healthcare needs of their patients.
- The College will respect cultural differences and will have an appreciation of traditional and conventional approaches to medicine.
- The College will conduct research to advance the understanding and knowledge of the natural health sciences.
- The College will serve the public and support the clinical education of its students by providing naturopathic healthcare at the College Clinic and at other locations throughout the community. The College will seek to provide healthcare to underserved and disadvantaged populations, and to provide health education for the general public.
- The College will maintain appropriate standards for professional conduct and accountability and encourage students to become honorable and dedicated professionals, committed to serve their communities and the naturopathic profession.
- The College will pursue the development of residency opportunities for naturopathic graduates as an important component of naturopathic medical training.
- The College will cooperate with other organizations and institutions of higher learning to promote education and research related to natural medicine.
- The College will conduct its affairs and the execution of its program with honor and integrity.
- The College Community will work together to create and maintain a collegial, culturally diverse environment that is mutually supportive for students, staff, and faculty for personal and professional growth.
- The College will provide advisement and assistance for graduates to find suitable positions upon graduation.