Facilities in the school:
Is a school of achievement as shown by:-
- Outstanding results in the Higher School certificate and School
- High retention rates from junior to senior studies.
- High continuation rate of HSC students into tertiary study
and the professions.
- Excellent sporting representation at local, regional, State
and national levels.
- Highly commended results in state-wide competitions in Mathematics, Science,
Writing, Art, Agriculture, Debating and Public Speaking..
- The school holds wide community respect, acclaim and support.
Can offer students:-
- One of the most comprehensive and balanced junior and senior
curricula in N.S.W. encompassing over 40 subjects in all the Mathematics,
Science, Humanity, Creative Arts, Languages, Technology, Physical
Education and Health fields.
- A special focus on foreign languages. The school is a fully
accredited Language High School, offering studies in european
and asian languages.
- Links with Albury T.A.F.E.
- A commitment to computer education.
- Stimulating challenges for talented students.
- Support teachers for students with learning difficulties.
- A wide variety of sports, both indoor and outdoor, social
activities and excursions.
- Opportunities to participate in cadets, the school band and
choir, drama and musical productions, community service schemes.
Duke of Edinburgh awards, the school newspaper and magazine and
youth exchange programs.
- Reward through effort with graduation ceremonies and other
formal recognition schemes.
- A variety of clubs such as photography, ISCF, gymnastics,
dance and environment.
Is concerned about the welfare of students by providing:-
- A caring staff assisted by a school counsellor, careers adviser, school
chaplain, remedial teachers and student advisers for each year.
- Strictly enforced discipline and uniform codes.
- Extensive and frequent reporting of student progress to parents.
- Health Education and Guidance lessons.
- An active Student Representative Council.
- A high degree of parental involvement through the School
Council, P & C Association, Parent/Teacher evenings and curriculum
- A peer support program.
- Leadership through senior Prefect body.
- Weekly information assemblies and regular bulletins.
- Extensive staff development programs to up-date qualifications.
- Scholarships and awards.
- Work experience.
Is proud of its facilities which include:-
- Two multi purpose hall/gymnasiums.
- Five computing rooms using IBM compatible machines, featuring a variety of computer applications, and several specialised annexes - Languages, Visual arts and Design studios.
- A superbly equipped computerised library with study areas
and extensive resource collections.
- Three language laboratories equipped with oral/aural technology.
- Carpeted classrooms.
- A one hectare farm catering for poultry, citrus, livestock
and horticulture studies.
- A drama studio.
- Seven Science laboratories and preparation areas.
- Nine specialist work rooms for the visual arts, woodwork,
metalwork and technical drawing disciplines.
- Two fully equipped kitchens with gas, electric and microwave
facilities, and two textiles' rooms.
- Two music rooms with a wide variety of musical instruments.
- Audio-visual facilities throughout the school.
- A school oval, outdoor tennis and basketball courts.
- A well-stocked 'health food' canteen.
- School archives.
- Landscaped school grounds and gardens, shade and seating for
- A modern office featuring the latest administrative technology.